Captain
# 51
11-14-2013, 01:05 PM
One thing that is cool, if you don't like your captain/admiral going on away missions, is that you can create ENTIRELY seperate characters in the tailor

If you so desire your Admiral Can be an Afro American, and your Away team Redshirt can be of Japanese decent, might help with you immersion.
Say for example you don't think your Admiral should be mining, Switch to your Redshirt Costume, pretend your one of the grunts while you mine rocks
This might have some value if you want better visual Cohesion, though it won;t fix how NPCs will adress you of course

During this Foundry Bonus Weekend, don't just choose the shortest missions, choose to play the best missions. Have more fun, get more marks!

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Captain
# 52
11-14-2013, 01:40 PM
For my Vice Admiral, her ship is her desk. It is a brilliant move by Starfleet to have Vice Admirals command their own ship and use it as their base of operations. An attack on Starfleet HQ won't destroy Starfleet unlike having all the Vice Admirals and Admirals in one location. Staying in one location is for idiotic Vice Admirals that won't last long.
Lieutenant
# 53
11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
For my Vice Admiral, her ship is her desk. It is a brilliant move by Starfleet to have Vice Admirals command their own ship and use it as their base of operations. An attack on Starfleet HQ won't destroy Starfleet unlike having all the Vice Admirals and Admirals in one location. Staying in one location is for idiotic Vice Admirals that won't last long.
You know, because you said that, I remembered the old Buzz Lightyear cartoon where the boss of Star Command actually did have a desk that shot lasers and such. He would ride it into battle, along with his laser-firing leg.

Man, looking back that show was awesome.
Captain
# 54
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentalos View Post
You know, because you said that, I remembered the old Buzz Lightyear cartoon where the boss of Star Command actually did have a desk that shot lasers and such. He would ride it into battle, along with his laser-firing leg.

Man, looking back that show was awesome.
I want to go watch it again now, it was awesome

During this Foundry Bonus Weekend, don't just choose the shortest missions, choose to play the best missions. Have more fun, get more marks!

Lieutenant
# 55
11-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
I want to go watch it again now, it was awesome

Yeah, especially for a cartoon spin-off. I remember that I used to love watching it when I was younger.

If admirals in Star Trek Online got to ride their desk to battle, I'd probably play my main a lot more
Captain
# 56
11-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Yeah, especially for a cartoon spin-off. I remember that I used to love watching it when I was younger.

If admirals in Star Trek Online got to ride their desk to battle, I'd probably play my main a lot more
Upcoming for season 9 , New Desk Warrior Trait, you have the ability to construct an onsight command post ( desk ) in the field to support your away teams

Lieutenant
# 57
11-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
Upcoming for season 9 , New Desk Warrior Trait, you have the ability to construct an onsight command post ( desk ) in the field to support your away teams
Heck, I'd pay zen for that.
Captain
# 58
11-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Heck, I'd pay zen for that.
Actually, on second thought, so would I

Captain
# 59
11-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh the hilarity...
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Lieutenant
# 60
11-15-2013, 09:35 AM
I must admit, its a tad unrealistic, having hundreds of VA`S running around the ground, shouldn't the ranks be altered a bit!
Commander Brain