Survivor of Romulus
# 61
11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Thought I would just point out that by Naval Decorum, regardless of rank, the commanding officer of any vessel is addressed as Captain, so technicaly as soon as you step on board your ship, you are a Captain.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Lieutenant
# 62
11-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post

Junior Captain: Just got that 4th pip but you're VERY low on the seniority since you just got promoted.

Senior Captain: You've moved up on the seniority, getting a bigger ship in recognition.

Fleet Captain: You're one of the most senior Captains in the federation. Poised to take that next step as a Rear Admiral, but not quite ready but you command the biggest and best ships in the fleet.
It sound cool yet I don't think that the game is just going to do that when the ranks have been this way for years.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-17-2013, 05:21 PM
It would be nice at some point to be at some time to promote your AI Boffs to command your ships in the event you just got tired of them and sent them to do some missions.

Think of it as those dumb fantasy manager/ coaching games EA likes to come out with

I think it's a hell of an idea personally

Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
Career Officer
# 64
11-17-2013, 05:29 PM
After I lol'd, I totally agree. At the very least there should be an option to have npc's and boffs address you as a chosen rank, clearly it would be possible because the same missions will address you i different ways depending on your rank whilst you do the mission.

I totally wouldnt be slumming about the galaxy in a bird of prey if I were a General, grinding reputation so I could have someone grant me the opportunity to buy choice gear.
Captain
# 65
11-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I was a bit annoyed at captains giving me orders like I was below them.

It should be reworked, so that if you're an admiral when you do the ds9 missions, then the captain on ds9 would say "Admiral, Command has given me operational authority to oversee the assault to retake DS9, and they say you're the best at special ops. Your orders are to report to me, sir."

And if you're Captain or lower, he can talk to you like that because he is the senior captain and has operational authority over the Bajoran Sector.
1JJ = nerdrage generated by release of new J.J. Abrams Star Wars / Star Trek movie.
LOR? about .63JJs. DR feels higher. Somewhere around .68 or .69, spiking to a .8 whenever Neelix be mentioned.
Shatner-level= Overdramatic rage
Captain
# 66
11-17-2013, 07:06 PM
I would of just gone as far as Capt. unless you took on a special assignment which lead you on to RA.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lieutenant
# 67
11-18-2013, 04:54 AM
I always thought it would be a cool way to address the Admiral's rank by allowing you to assign your BOFF NPCs to command ships in your inventory.

It would give you some reason to build up multiple good ships rather than just focusing on one.

Then when you were flying around in sector space or whatever they would follow you in formation just like they do on the ground.

Anyway, just my $0.02
Career Officer
# 68
11-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance74 View Post
I always thought it would be a cool way to address the Admiral's rank by allowing you to assign your BOFF NPCs to command ships in your inventory.

It would give you some reason to build up multiple good ships rather than just focusing on one.

Then when you were flying around in sector space or whatever they would follow you in formation just like they do on the ground.

Anyway, just my $0.02
I would love to be able to call my reserve fleet for things like the fleet support ability and similar.
I do think they won't have people flying around sector space with a fleet in tow at this point as it is already pretty crowded out there. Ships would need to be half scale in sector space and that space enlarged to keep crowding down. Then they would have to boost warp speed effects to keep flying from mission to mission from becoming boring. Imagine laying in a course for Risa from Sol and then going out for a sandwich.
Career Officer
# 69
11-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance74 View Post

Anyway, just my $0.02
Wow to op, now onward to this ^ want, it would be a great replacement for Fleet support. And seeing the R.R.W. Moon Wolf coming to the aid of the A.R.W. Moon Wolf would be super

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Captain
# 70
11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
The rank thing isn't the only "immersion-breaker", alongside with that, if you're assigned command of one ship, technically, your old command is assigned to someone else. They don't "throw her in a shipyard somewhere to await it's former commander's beck & call", much less you still getting to decide what equipment etc etc is installed.
As I posted in another thread, I kind of look at my characters as "faction-related", ie, I'm someone working with Starfleet/KDF/RR, and have an assigned rank so it sets where you are in the grand scheme of things, however, I'm not as bound to rules & regs as a "true" Starfleet (or KDF or RR) officer. And all these old ships lying around in my personal dockyards, apparently, Starfleet & the other militaries went on such a ship-building spree, that they can afford to give them away. The only one's that make sense that you personally own them, would be the "lockbox" ships, and MU ships, since this universe never made them, you could technically claim them as salvage and do whatever the hell you wanted with them. And the festival ships also, since it's a particular "gift" from the event coordinator(s), such as Risa giving you the 'vette, or Q mind-washing the Breen into letting you have the Chel Grett. And even the 3rd anniv ship (the Ambassador refit), apparently, since it's a totally decommissioned ship class, that Starfleet wished to no longer keep in their inventories, they gave them all away like candy. And even the standard Ambassodor they're despeteraly tring to give away to people. (And the KDF is doing the same with the Kamarag and Kamarag refits)
Also explains why all my characters can support each other, in terms of money & equipment. Since we're not truly part of that faction, we don't have to abide by "not fraternizing with the enemy".

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"