Captain
# 71
11-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance74 View Post
I always thought it would be a cool way to address the Admiral's rank by allowing you to assign your BOFF NPCs to command ships in your inventory.

It would give you some reason to build up multiple good ships rather than just focusing on one.

Then when you were flying around in sector space or whatever they would follow you in formation just like they do on the ground.

Anyway, just my $0.02
Well from the scuttlebutt, when the level cap is increased and we all go up in rank to admiral, the word is, you'll be able to promote BOFFs to captain and they will take command of ships in your inventory and you will have up to 5 ships when you go do a mission. Though I think in sector space you'll only have one or non-mission areas only one.

I don't know exactly how it will work, but it will be something to that effect.
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Career Officer
# 72
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
Well from the scuttlebutt, when the level cap is increased and we all go up in rank to admiral, the word is, you'll be able to promote BOFFs to captain and they will take command of ships in your inventory and you will have up to 5 ships when you go do a mission. Though I think in sector space you'll only have one or non-mission areas only one.

Sounds like an away team except in space. Might be interesting.
Captain
# 73
11-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
I totally wouldnt be slumming about the galaxy in a bird of prey if I were a General, grinding reputation so I could have someone grant me the opportunity to buy choice gear.
Both Martok and Chang did (except the grinding part).
Lieutenant
# 74
11-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:

Cool! I could get into that. I wonder if you will be able to assign more BOFFs to your BOFF's ships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullleaderrfbs View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I thinking.
Captain
# 75
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullleaderrfbs View Post
There is also the system that is similar to the duty officer system except you send ships out instead of duty officers.
Captain
# 76
11-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance74 View Post
Cool! I could get into that. I wonder if you will be able to assign more BOFFs to your BOFF's ships?

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There is also the system that is similar to the duty officer system except you send ships out instead of duty officers.
But here's the catch, now you have to focus in on one of your toons, because now you need 5 POWERFUL ships, not just one. So how much more grinding, Zen are you going to need to pump up your ships?

Plus now you need 5 VA level or Admiral level ships when the cap is increased.

I can tell you now, people with deep pockets, going to leave all of us behind. I'd start grinding now to get 5 strong ships if you don't already have them, even at the expense of very low level ships, or open up that Zen and start increasing the size of your space dock.
How I feel when I hit Transwarp
Lieutenant
# 77
11-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
But here's the catch, now you have to focus in on one of your toons, because now you need 5 POWERFUL ships, not just one. So how much more grinding, Zen are you going to need to pump up your ships?

I can tell you now, people with deep pockets, going to leave all of us behind. I'd start grinding now to get 5 strong ships if you don't already have them, even at the expense of very low level ships, or open up that Zen and start increasing the size of your space dock.
I don't know, I'm about 90% free to playing and I would feel comfortable with my stockpile of ships.

I've spent a little zen here and there. I bought the Sao Paulo when I was a Cmdr and bought FSMs for the Fleet Excelsior when I finally got there. But almost everything else I use besides some uniforms is free.
Career Officer
# 78
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Do we *really* want to become actual Admirals (as opposed to the already silly "Admiral in Name only", which is already too much of a flag rank)?

This is Star Trek. The heroes are captains of a single, special ship and its crew.

Keep in mind that once such a thing is introduced, it will be the default gameplay for anything. Our days as captains would be gone forever. That would be terrible, in my opinion.
Captain
# 79
11-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:

4 Tier 5 ships have already been given for free, the Risian Corvette, the Nebula, the Breen ship, and the Obelisk Carrier. We will likely get at least 2 more free ships with the next Winter and Summer event. There is also the Tier 5 ships that cost dilithium. So while people with deep pockets or no sense will have the better ships, not everyone will have low level ships. Besides content will not be based on players having 5 JHAS, but just regular Tier 5 ships.
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
He's got a point.

Making everyone an admiral is a obvious misconception by Cryptic.
If they knew Star Trek better then the would have known that the rank of admiral isn't what everyone wants to be. Even in the series it is mentioned several times that it is the rank of Captain everyone is keen on.

But as always, Cryptic obviously though "more is better" (= exaggerating everything) so they made everyone an Admiral.
^^^^+1 in agreement!