Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Or just grinding out the new rep - hoping somethings get fixed/changed?
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Right now? Not really. Holidays are coming up in real life, in the game yes, mostly focused on the grind, but also the Winter Event when that comes out.

Not really expecting much past that from the devs until after the new year starts.

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I have actually been pretty absent form PvP myself lately. I try to get in some when I can, but it seems if you are one of the Haves, then you easily beat the Have Nots... Know what I am saying?

If there is not something that is broken it seems like the upper tier players just keep getting better, while the bar is lowered for new PvP players. Even I get better and feel somewhat Overpowered, even in weaker ships.

But tactics and the general evolution of the PvP experience I feel is similar to that of the true Evolution process. Either you evolve into something better, or you get left behind with the previous generations. This is why I feel if PvE players do not start taking an active interest in PvP soon, there will be no possible way to level the skill and ship building gap.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
11-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Nope. Since most of my builds are focused around batteries and they go away the moment i use them. Dont see the point.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM
cant use batteries, nothing crits right, a TON of grinding and pve with the new rep and spire needs to be done, nope, not pvping much at all currently. im doing all this grinding FOR pvp though, its a temporary absence
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
I really am starting to love PVP lately, doing it more and more. No batteries... well I wasn't really reliant on it anyways.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 7
11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes, but getting harder to get a queue to pop and keep up with the new grind.

Need some new PvP set in the Delta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig "Zinc" Zinkievich
The Federation and the Klingon Empire will be competing for influence and resources throughout the galaxy and players can influence the results through PvP battles and a system we're calling Competitive PvE.
Captain
# 8
11-22-2013, 03:58 PM
played about five matches last night, probably wont be even on all weekend (other than boot camp), beta testing ESO - whenever it decides to WORK, lol. They must have sent out a million invites.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 9
11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
cant use batteries, nothing crits right, a TON of grinding and pve with the new rep and spire needs to be done, nope, not pvping much at all currently. im doing all this grinding FOR pvp though, its a temporary absence
Well without crits my torp boats are useless - they have been slowly becoming more and more useless with all the resists - but no Crits it's like firing blanks.

Battery use -or lack off takes a bite into my sci and eng builds as well. Without faw most crusiers have gone back to uselessness. Those people happy about that should not be as soon it will be next to impossible to get a match - either in the Q's or opvp.

And then theres tier 4 Dyson coming that could make for some nasty situations.

Did help talk about adding a PvP rep?? If so that will be the end of PvP - if the elites can't be separated from the noobs - the gap to even survive for a few seconds is going to be getting wider and wider - and costlier - why will anyone new want to start and get rolled over and over and over.
Captain
# 10
11-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Hrmmm, I might use a battery once a day if that...haven't noticed a loss of crits...about the only thing I've seen is it's all but impossible to lose crew with 2pc KHG.

The continued decline of my PvP participation, continues to rest squarely on the shoulders of player actions and not anything that Cryptic's done.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin