Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for an RP fleet...
01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Looking for an RP fleet, PVP RP is good as well.

I'm a huge trekkie, and I am currently playing a human tactical officer. I plan to have a few characters, but my main will be an RP guy.

If anyone knows of a good RP fleet that is recruiting, LEMMIE KNOWS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:00 PM
19th Federation Starfleet is currently recruiting members, we have 5 members including 1 ingame arleady. We also have a Ventrilo server, Website, Web Forums, and a community that has had guilds in at least 3 other games including SWG, Secondlife, and Lord of the Rings online. Our group is mainly from the United States, but we have freinds from all over the world. We focus on PvE and light Roleplay. We are also looking for members to help build the Fleet and plan events.

CaptainBurst
Vice Admiral, 19th Federation Starfleet
Director of Tactical Operations
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Hello there.

The 17th Tactical Wing is a highly trained Starfleet unit that focuses on search and rescue operations in hostile territories and behind enemy lines. As the war with the Klingon Empire begins to take it's toll and hostilities with the Romulan Star Empire begin to boil, Starfleet has brought old tactics to a new war.

Having resurrected an old unit from before the birth of the Federation, Starfleet is hoping that MACO training will allow this new breed of Starfleet Officer the ability to go into the most hostile ground environments to save the lives of others. Our primary mission is to find, rescue, and evacuate Federation citizens and Starfleet officers found behind the invisible borders of war.

We are the first to respond to last hopes. We fight to protect those that have not the means to protect themselves, so that others may live.

There are many Fleets out there both fighting and exploring. But what happens if there is no ships in the sector that a downed vessel is or that colony being attacked? Ships and buildings can be replaced but skilled Starfleet personel and civilians cannot.

This is the 17th's role. We are constantly going from one planet to another, system after system, helping or rescuing those that need it. We would love to be exploring, like we all would, but these are the times we live in.

__________________________________________________ ____________
((OOC))

Yes we are a Role Playing Fleet, and some of us will be doing PvP as well, but first and formost we are a RP Fleet. Those of us on the command staff would call ourselves medium to heavy Roleplayers. So if you are a beginner through to someone who IS Starfleet, you will be welcome.

We want quality over quantity, so that we can give a Star Trek experience that you want to be part of. Those of us on the Command staff have all Role Played together from Champions Online, but we all have online RP experience.

So contact either Rian@Caliber17, JD@spartan7777 or me, Knightly@Knightly4u if you have any questions about the 17th or simply go to our forums and put in an application to join and an Application for Transfer (This is the more detailed info about your character).

So come on and help those of the Federation by saving some lives today. We are not a fleet that has been around for sometime, like some of the others. What we do today is what will put us in the history books and holovids.

((Our true recruitment will start on Feb 2nd so if you just wish to see what we are like and run with us, then contact me Knightly@Knightly4u and join us for a few missions or just go and have a look at our forums. No pressure at all.))
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis775 View Post
Looking for an RP fleet, PVP RP is good as well.

I'm a huge trekkie, and I am currently playing a human tactical officer. I plan to have a few characters, but my main will be an RP guy.

If anyone knows of a good RP fleet that is recruiting, LEMMIE KNOWS!!!
There are several good RP fleets out there, but if you have not yet decided, I will recommend Epsilon fleet. We are focused on exploration, with a dash of "special ops" and lots of love for Klingon RP.

I can answer any questions you might have, but we also have a site on guildportal, which you can find here: Epsilon Fleet on Guildportal!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Kind of looking for an in-game RP fleet. I don't mind checking forums, but I'd rather keep RP ingame, and a using the in-game engine, not any chat-relates stuff like /attacks x with phaser and then X replies /dodges
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't have even remotely as nice a recruitment post as Knightly4u does (and that is a compliment), I'd encourage you to take a look at Zeta Fleet, as well. Our primary focus is RP and PvE, with a dash of PvP. We will also have a Klingon side fleet. The site link is in my signature; take a look around; the Fleet Liaison has put a lot of effort into the site.

Even if you don't wind up with us, I look forward to defending the Federation with you at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis775 View Post
Kind of looking for an in-game RP fleet. I don't mind checking forums, but I'd rather keep RP ingame, and a using the in-game engine, not any chat-relates stuff like /attacks x with phaser and then X replies /dodges
I can speak only for Epsilon, and not any of the other fleets which have posted here. We do need members to keep up with news on the forums. Forum RP is not required (I don't do it much myself).

The question of narrative combat vs. PvP combat (what you describe as "/shoots X with phaser" is something players decide among themselves. I don't believe our Fleet has a particular stand on that one way or another. Federation characters don't shoot at each other that often, and Fed and Klingon players cannot interact in any way OTHER THAN regular PvP, so no narrative combat as you describe would be possible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Solar Eclipse is not an ultra RP fleet though we do share the common Trekkie gene and so may be your fleet as we offer maturity and activity as our two key points. We're based in the EUTZ.