Lt. Commander
In the open beta sometimes there was less rubberbanding when using the EU proxy, but sometimes i could not connect at all with the EU proxy but without it worked ok.

What is your experience?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
I always use "no proxy" I have not had the problems of bad lag or rubber banding at all.
Though I know it is not the same for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I would say No Proxy definately. In beta the EU proxy was causing constant disconnects for me and a few others. The game has run near perfect with No Proxy. I don't know whether it's got any better since headstart but i don't see the point in going back when No proxy works fine :p
Lt. Commander
# 4 proxy
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
at the moment i would say no proxy..

i ran my game with no proxy and nvr been disconnected (unless when server is down which been a lot)

the wife game was set to eu proxy and every time is zoned/changed instance/beamed up she got kicked from the game..changed her settings to no proxy and game ran fine.

thats our experience thus far on prxy side of things wont go into hell we had on other stuff...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
The current proxy software tends to get overloaded fairly easily, we are in the process of deploying a new one for testing, but it will be a few more days until everything is setup.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Using no proxy for me causes me to get stuck on the Retrieving List of Maps... screen. I can't play without using a proxy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I need to use the proxy otherwise the game is unplayable. The only problem is, with the proxy, I have a 50% change of getting dc'd and it takes ages to get a successful login. RAGE
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranhi View Post
I need to use the proxy otherwise the game is unplayable. The only problem is, with the proxy, I have a 50% change of getting dc'd and it takes ages to get a successful login. RAGE
I have precisely the same issue. Without the proxy I can connect with little to no issue, but the lag in game makes it completely unplayable. It takes over 55 seconds for a response to occur if I don't get disconnected. Interacting with NPC's or even chatting is nigh impossible.

If I use the EU Proxy I get disconnected every few minutes, but I have relatively no lag.

Frustrating? Definitely.

This isn't a new problem, and it should have been addressed and resolved ages ago, there is little to no comment about the issue or expected resolutions from an official standpoint. So it's either use no proxy and don't play, or use a proxy and get kicked every few minutes and never complete a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
yep i can't log in and when your finally in i try to go to another map SHAM! and then i'm dc'd
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 06:52 AM
Just want to detial my choices:

No Proxy: Freeze on retreiving list of maps....then..ping of 2000.

or

EU Prozy: With a 50.50 chance of disconnect on any map change.

Sweet.

Is there a third option at all? I would love to play this game that I like.