Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The current proxy software tends to get overloaded fairly easily, we are in the process of deploying a new one for testing, but it will be a few more days until everything is setup.
Looking for an update on this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Looking for an update on this.
The server is up, testing new launcher code now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I cannot play with either option proxy on proxy off the game is unplayable, yet during beta it ran perfect with no proxy. So much for the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The server is up, testing new launcher code now.
Excellent, can you please provide another update within the next couple of days regarding this or whenever you think the launcher code and any other steps might be finalized and online. I'm just not sure how much longer it might take based on your response since I'm not a network/server guy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
ATM without a proxy i get to the retrieving maps screen or get in and get disconnected 10 secs l8r.... the launcher doesn't seem to like the idea of a proxy server and doesn't load so i load it without and when the engage button is there i load the proxy and with a proxy it wont even load my characters.... this is only an issue at peak times... so i have to get up at 7am just to get a few hours of lag free play before the proxy server decides to have an aneurysm on me....

So i will have to deal until this is sorted or more than one server is put into place
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
This is most unfortunate. I can play in the morning before work but I can't when I get home. This problem existed when CO went online but after a while it was resolved with the proxy solution, why is not work for STO?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksign
This is most unfortunate. I can play in the morning before work but I can't when I get home. This problem existed when CO went online but after a while it was resolved with the proxy solution, why is not work for STO?
I suspect when the server coderanger is referring to is operational we might have better luck. Here's hoping anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPB
I cannot play with either option proxy on proxy off the game is unplayable, yet during beta it ran perfect with no proxy.
I have the same problem now. It started 5-6 hours ago and is still like it. I can login eventually but can't move or do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Got in longer that 30 secs there... started a mission.... and froze... Server Not Responding.....
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, frustrating. With no proxy it is massive lag or worse, just gimps out and constantly get "server not responding" flash up. With proxy really struggle to get logged in and then d/c every zone change, rinse and repeat. Basically unplayable for me till they get the proxy sorted or actually make the no proxy connection better.