Rihannsu
Greetings Cryptic,

I have been using the Mac beta since in was launched in Nov. 2013. Since using it, I have had a few crashes during game play, but have never had any difficulty with logging in.

Yesterday, I attempted to login, as per normal, however after putting in my username and password, and then hitting the "launch" button, an error screen appeared. Instead of the Cryptic flash screen appearing while STO loaded, a error screen appeared, saying something to the effect of "Fatal Error: unable to connect to patch server, system idle for too long."

These are the steps I took to remedy the problem:
1) Attempt to login several more time, always same error.
2) Re-download the newest STO launcher, from forum post in this section.
3) Once the launcher was downloaded, it wanted to reinstall the game. (STO was reinstalled in it's entirety.)
4) Attempted to login again this morning (after STO game download). Same fatal error screen appeared.
5) Attempted a second time today, but unable to launch game, as bottom of login screen stated "unable to authenticate"

I am not sure on how to proceed. Currently I cannot play STO, or even login for that matter. Please help.

-----------------------------------

Update:

Since posting the above post several minutes ago, I attempted to login again. The system was able to authenticate this time, however, It still could not get past the Fatal Error screen. This time I was able to write down the fatal error screen in it's entirety.

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long"

Also, for reference this STO launcher version is as follows:
launcher version: CL_2014_06_16_19_09 Cider Version:9754

----------------

Update:

Attempted to login again, after several hours. After verify files (again) the message this time, in bottom loading screen of the STO mac beta launcher, was "unable to connect to account server (3)" Unable to get to the Cryptic flash screen this time.

Last edited by wayofdera; 07-26-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 2 Similar issue
08-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Had have the same issues as you in some respects. Launcher takes about 5 minutes to load Legacy of Romulas splash screen the another 5 to load into character menu which takes about 2 to load characters, then as you load into the game it times out.
Ensign
# 3
08-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayofdera View Post
Greetings Cryptic,

I have been using the Mac beta since in was launched in Nov. 2013. Since using it, I have had a few crashes during game play, but have never had any difficulty with logging in.

Yesterday, I attempted to login, as per normal, however after putting in my username and password, and then hitting the "launch" button, an error screen appeared. Instead of the Cryptic flash screen appearing while STO loaded, a error screen appeared, saying something to the effect of "Fatal Error: unable to connect to patch server, system idle for too long."

These are the steps I took to remedy the problem:
1) Attempt to login several more time, always same error.
2) Re-download the newest STO launcher, from forum post in this section.
3) Once the launcher was downloaded, it wanted to reinstall the game. (STO was reinstalled in it's entirety.)
4) Attempted to login again this morning (after STO game download). Same fatal error screen appeared.
5) Attempted a second time today, but unable to launch game, as bottom of login screen stated "unable to authenticate"

I am not sure on how to proceed. Currently I cannot play STO, or even login for that matter. Please help.

-----------------------------------

Update:

Since posting the above post several minutes ago, I attempted to login again. The system was able to authenticate this time, however, It still could not get past the Fatal Error screen. This time I was able to write down the fatal error screen in it's entirety.

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long"

Also, for reference this STO launcher version is as follows:
launcher version: CL_2014_06_16_19_09 Cider Version:9754

----------------

Update:

Attempted to login again, after several hours. After verify files (again) the message this time, in bottom loading screen of the STO mac beta launcher, was "unable to connect to account server (3)" Unable to get to the Cryptic flash screen this time.

My opinion=

me what happened to me today 8/28/14 in neverwinter does not let me in the game tells me there 14mb to patch, eh what had left two hours there over 14mb 2gb downloaded to patch that was strange, I remained stuck at 67.1%

need help please not to do, and I want to play the game, but I can not