Lieutenant
# 101
11-17-2013, 11:54 PM
If the launcher doesn't work open package on app.. open contents .. open macOS .. Open cider.. it will then auto update.. not sure what up with the launcher... you'll get a 20-40 mage bite download.. not sure why sometimes 20 or 40.. its just how the silly thing works..
Lieutenant
# 102
11-17-2013, 11:59 PM
the launcher is worse then using other apps.. the boot camp version (pc) is way better.. They must have a very low understanding of mac hardware and soft ware...
Lieutenant
# 103
11-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind04x View Post
If the launcher doesn't work open package on app.. open contents .. open macOS .. Open cider.. it will then auto update.. not sure what up with the launcher... you'll get a 20-40 mage bite download.. not sure why sometimes 20 or 40.. its just how the silly thing works..
Thanks, I tried that but same result "Patch Failed". I also tried changing security settings to allow installs from any source but no luck. Really disappointing I can't even get the game to start.

Anyone else have any ideas why this is happening on a brand spanking new Macbook Pro?
Lieutenant
# 104
11-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear8 View Post
Thanks, I tried that but same result "Patch Failed". I also tried changing security settings to allow installs from any source but no luck. Really disappointing I can't even get the game to start.

Anyone else have any ideas why this is happening on a brand spanking new Macbook Pro?

From another thread I followed the suggestion to move STO into the apps folder, that fixed the "patch failed" issue. I was able to login and download the game, just waiting for the "new computer" email with code so I can see how the gameplay is.

AirBear

Edit: 2 hours and still waiting for the "one time code" email...grrrr.....

Last edited by airbear8; 11-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Rihannsu
# 105
11-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear8 View Post
From another thread I followed the suggestion to move STO into the apps folder, that fixed the "patch failed" issue. I was able to login and download the game, just waiting for the "new computer" email with code so I can see how the gameplay is.

AirBear

Edit: 2 hours and still waiting for the "one time code" email...grrrr.....
So you got the same problem as me.
On Bootcamp with Windows 8.1 everything works fine, got an email with the code seconds after the screen.
But on the same mbp in Mavericks i don't get an email.

My specs for OSX:
MacBook Pro early 2011
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Processor: 2,2 GHz i7
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Graphics: AMD HD6750M 1GB
Captain
# 106
11-18-2013, 02:01 PM
When I record some videos I am having the issue that my arrow always want to appear at the middle of the window. Making it difficult to so any video recording without a arrow appearing of the blue.
Captain
# 107
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch155 View Post
I had trouble with the UI as well when I first started. I just started playing STO and I don't have a Windows so I had to get this client in order to play on my Mac, so I have nothing to compare my experience to. At the start of the game in character creation mode, the icons were overlapping each other and I could only see half of what some of them said. They were covering up my avatar, too, and I could barely see what I was doing. Did this happen to anyone else?
Ahh yeah,.. I use MSAA (its the only option) .. so I guess that explains my graphics problems. The funny thing is I had better graphics in the wine.. not sure why.
Empire Veteran
# 108
11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I have got into game several times only to have it crash with a map change or while in First City, ESD, DS9 & both academies. Same issue I had with wine. I always had to move to the least populated map to get it to work. I do not have these issues on this machine when in windows mode.
Ensign
# 109 MACbook personal experience
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM
minor issues experienced

MACBOOK pro 2012 14" os 10 maveric

-the ship (shield)indicator in the HUD overlaps any briefing window when entering a system from warp. It is easily sent to rear when I click on the mission window.
-when executing launcher, the icon bobbles but no launcher shows up onscreen. When i force quit and try a second time with the force quit screen open, it works.
-sometimes the shine onscreen (shiny reflective objects) is VERY white and shiny but fix itself intermittently.
-
Other than that I haven't experienced any gameplay issues and I am very happy that STO is FINALLY on mac YIPEEEEE!
Ensign
# 110
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, for those whose game was constantly crashing ingame, but is now fixed, can you tell me what you did to fix the problem? Thanks

MacBook Pro
2.7 GHz I7, 4 GB ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and OS X 10.9