Ensign
# 111
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't know why this is, but every time I try to open the game, I have to "force quit" the program and reopen it for the launcher to open up. It's pretty much guaranteed to open the second time every time, but that's annoying.

I don't have ANY other issues with the game. It's working well for me except for the fact that when I try to open it, it never works the first time.
Ensign
# 112 My Mac: Freeze
11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
I start playing and soon my Mac: Frozen... Help me!!
Ensign
# 113
11-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
These are the current known issues as of 11/12/13:
  • Due to hardwardware limitations of the Magic Mouse, players can not depress both the left and right mouse button at the same time.
Is there some way to setup a key I can hold down to achieve the same effect as holding down both mouse buttons?
Ensign
# 114
11-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilestomh View Post
I don't know why this is, but every time I try to open the game, I have to "force quit" the program and reopen it for the launcher to open up. It's pretty much guaranteed to open the second time every time, but that's annoying.

I don't have ANY other issues with the game. It's working well for me except for the fact that when I try to open it, it never works the first time.
I have the same issue
Lt. Commander
# 115
11-21-2013, 10:39 AM
The failure on the first launch is happening to most if not all Mac Users with this beta. I've had the launcher work on the first try maybe three times so far
Hopefully this gets ironed out with future beta/final releases of the Mac Client.

That and the bug reporting never seems to do anything.
Career Officer
# 116
11-21-2013, 11:30 AM
I keep have the client freeze on me when after I log in am I the only one who is having this happen?
Career Officer
# 117
11-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torgo124 View Post
I have the same issue
same here; except it's every third time for me, sometimes two.
That and I didn't see if this was mentioned before - but NPC and character faces seem to have a (and I believe I'm using the correct term) mesh issue [Edit: that is the wrong term, I mean whatever the detail that are wrapped around the model]. Namely the faces have dark areas. The graphics otherwise are fine.

Sometimes also a second login window will appear after successfully entering the game.

Incidentally I'm running OS 10.7.5, if further info is needed will supply upon request.
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by thumpyecho; 11-23-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 118
11-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:

Me to. I found that simply logging out (without closing the game) and then closing your macbook (not shutting down) you will be able to relog almost immediately, although I have had two crashes after logging in this way - might not be related though.
Ensign
# 119
11-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm running an iMac 2011 i5 and it hasn't worked well at all. It keeps throwing errors when I try to connect and then once connected has been crashing (just freezing up and forcing me to force quit).
Lt. Commander
# 120
11-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satelk View Post
I'm running an iMac 2011 i5 and it hasn't worked well at all. It keeps throwing errors when I try to connect and then once connected has been crashing (just freezing up and forcing me to force quit).
If you're using OS 10.9 try disabling Power Nap for the Star Trek Online Client (Get Info on the App) also try lower/playing around with your graphics settings.

That helped me out a ton!