Ensign
# 171
04-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Suddenly, the voices of the online characters (you know, the computer-generated ones in the game) aren't talking. I see the text of their dialog, but not their voices. All other sound is normal, and all the sound settings are at their defaults.

This was working fine for a while, and suddenly, they went mute. I've downloaded the latest patches. Mac OS 10.8.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ensign
# 172
04-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keliike047 View Post
Every time I log into STO the game either crashes back to my desktop or freezes entirely during the loading screen. I thought Cryptic fixed this problem
Same problem here. I have tried multiple times to log in and play. If I'm lucky enough to get to a screen where the character is in a mission it eventually freezes up. Otherwise it either crashes before character selection or after I have selected one. I've force quit multiple times and restarted my Mac a few times as well.
Lieutenant
# 173
04-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Got a response from Tech Support, it seems to have fixed my iMac, haven't tried the Macbook Pro yet. Here's their response that seems to have worked:

This might be result that the game is not sync with the server

Verify your game files by going into Options in the game launcher, and checking the Force-Verify box, then let that complete.

You can also try running in safe mode. To do this, go to Options in the game launcher, and check the Safe Mode box. Also make sure your video drivers are fully updated.

I ran around in safe mode for a few minutes, it's totally useless for combat but OK for admin stuff. Then I rebooted in fullscreen and the game worked OK, then I turned anti-alising back on and it still works OK.

AirBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear8 View Post
Exact same problem here. Season 9 update has nuked STO on BOTH my late 2013 MacBook Pro (Intel Iris Pro) and my brand new 27" iMac (i7, Nvidia 780M GPU) which just arrived this past Wednesday. I was able to get some game time on the iMac before the Season 9 patch came out and it worked fine.

With both computers I can get to the character selection screen just fine. When I choose a character and enter the game I either get a crash to desktop or the game freezes within a few seconds and I have to Force-Quit.

These 2 Mac computers have very little in common so I don't think it's anything on my end.
Career Officer
# 174
05-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Have any Mac users noticed that the sound only comes out of one speaker?

Granted, I'm running through an audio interface, so it could be part of the issue... but, it seems like it shouldn't be that way. Don't have any issues with any other program, either (I do audio editing on my late 2013 27-inch iMac).
Ensign
# 175 Fed Issue
05-18-2014, 04:48 AM
Hi everyone, anyone else having issues whilst playing a Fed character that you literally log in, start playing your captain, and suddenly the game freezes then shuts down?

I've got a romulan and klingon character, they both allow me to play normally.

Also every time I was going to Earth Space dock, the game would freeze and I would have to re load everything to access it, same when I wanted to leave!
Lieutenant
# 176
05-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Having the same problem. Game is unplayable and if it's been this bad for a month, I'm not sure they are interested in a solution. Regretting that lifetime subscription...
Ensign
# 177
05-30-2014, 09:46 AM
I get consistent crashes when I get a new ship and initially try to configure its appearance. When I restart, I won't have a problem.

When I exit the game normally, the launcher won't quit, I have to force-quit it.

After a crash, the crash reporter fails/hangs about 80% of the time (and I let it run a long time, like an hour).

I always crash in "The Undying", after beaming into the arena, within the first two minutes.

I hope someone is actually looking at these problems. A Mac native port might have been more productive than trying to use Wine/Cider to emulate Windoze.

I guess it's better than nothing, but not anything I'd actually pay for.

</rant>
Career Officer
# 178 Can't even log in
06-02-2014, 09:34 PM
I can get to the character selection screen - but I crash to desktop shortly after selecting any character.

I have a brand new Mac Pro with dual fire pro graphics cards and a hexacore processor. No reason I can't run this game.
Ensign
# 179 Game seems unstable
06-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Sometimes I can login, sometimes I can't. The game always crashes before I have a chance to play for very long.

Hoping for more stability.
Ensign
# 180 Mac client is unusable
06-27-2014, 09:18 PM
I hate to say it, but the Mac client just isn't usable for me. But I'm so glad to see it's out there; I just hope it will improve to a point where it's an option for Mac users.