Captain
# 181
07-17-2014, 11:46 AM
does any one know if the client works now
Lt. Commander
# 182 "Works for me..."
07-17-2014, 12:35 PM
It's been working for me since the beta client first became available; switched from the PC client and haven't gone back. Running it on:

Mac mini "server" (not using as server)
Intel Core i7 quad 2GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000 video (512MB)
OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks
Apple 30" Cinema Display

Following the season 9.5 update, ran into a screen resolution issue, but the game client otherwise still works; will try to follow-up and post that separately.
Ensign
# 183 game speeding up
07-19-2014, 08:20 AM
i everyone. I know this probably sounds really odd, but thats why I'm here. I've heard of it going really slowly, but I've never heard of this.

Ever since 9.5 was released, the game has been acting very weird. It seems to be moving at a faster pace.

- All of the dialogue in the game is getting jumbled together into a big mess.
- My character sprints and moves very fast.
- Any time my character or ship moves in any direction even a little bit, it is launched backwards.
- When I fire a weapon on the ground, or a torpedo in space it moves very fast
- The cut scenes seem to be going at 2x speed

If anyone has any idea what this is, it would help a lot.

Although they seem like small things, they make it unplayable

This sums up my problems, however it is not just me, others have this problem as well, it seems like a Mac client issue. Devs, please refer to "game going at a faster speed" thread on mac support forum. I have already sent a ticket and the force verify does not help. Hope this gets resolved soon
Ensign
# 184 game speeding up
07-19-2014, 08:22 AM
i everyone. I know this probably sounds really odd, but thats why I'm here. I've heard of it going really slowly, but I've never heard of this.

Ever since 9.5 was released, the game has been acting very weird. It seems to be moving at a faster pace.

- All of the dialogue in the game is getting jumbled together into a big mess.
- My character sprints and moves very fast.
- Any time my character or ship moves in any direction even a little bit, it is launched backwards.
- When I fire a weapon on the ground, or a torpedo in space it moves very fast
- The cut scenes seem to be going at 2x speed
- the entire game seems to be sped up, from the text box to notifications.
- time cool downs are progressing far more rapidly than before.

If anyone has any idea what this is, it would help a lot.

Although they seem like small things, they make it unplayable

This sums up my problems, however it is not just me, others have this problem as well, it seems like a Mac client issue. Devs, please refer to "game going at a faster speed" thread on mac support forum. I have already sent a ticket and the force verify does not help. Hope this gets resolved soon
Ensign
# 185
07-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Im having the same problem here, playing on an iMac... This all started with the 9.5 update.

Got a reply from Tech Support with the same suggestion of the traceroute, and I'm way above the minimum specs...

The game is now completely unplayable...

Help! I miss my crew already...!
Rihannsu
# 186
07-20-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm having very weird graphic issues with the game with 9.5 too now.
Ensign
# 187
07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaict View Post
soon
That's exactly what I've been experiencing since the update! It was perfectly useable previously.
Ensign
# 188
07-22-2014, 07:48 PM
My brother has been experiencing the rubber-band effect when he plays STO on his iMac. I have the latest 27" iMac that are was above tech specs for this game and I can't even make it 10 minutes online before the game crashes on me.
To give one customer service credit he did email me back quite promptly with the fix for the display resolution issue. But sine then I have been submitting crash report tickets with screen shots whenever I attempt to play.

I'm not sure if Cryptic, Perfect World, Arc, etc. even reads about our pain. So I figure I will do the next best thing and continue to submit crash reports and screenshots until they get sick of hearing from me and fix the Mac Client.
Ensign
# 189 HAZZAH MAC users 1- PWE 0
07-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi all,

Hope the title will attract a devs attention! Got good news and bad news.

Good news-- Finally got support to admit it is a problem on PWE's

"You both meet the minimum requirements and show you
have a stable connection to our game server. "

is what they said after I sent a copy of my trace route results to them

Bad news-- They don't have any idea how to fix it:

"With that said posting in our forums is the only viable option. Unfortunately, we do not receive regular updates from the dev team and they will post in our forums once they have any updates."

NO UPDATES FROM THE DEVS?????

WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT IS THIS???

Hope this helps people who think its a problem on there end.
Ensign
# 190 Mouse problem
07-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Just installed STO on lastest MacBook Air, try to use Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX, it works, but as trackpad, how to disable trackpad mode for mouse?