Ensign
# 41
11-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't know if it's been reported yet, or if it's just me, but I did notice that I couldn't move the initial brightness setting slider when configuring STO for the first time. I was able to change it once I clicked OK and changed it in the video settings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikkaba View Post
I can't patch the game. It just says "patch failed". Then it keeps attempting to patch the game, and failing the same way. You have to force the game to stop trying to patch, and close.

My system is Macbook Pro 2010
Intel i7 processor
OSX 10.8.5
You did copy the installer over to your applications folder, right?
Ensign
# 43
11-12-2013, 04:24 PM
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
4GB of Ram
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OS X 10.9

Constant crashes
Ensign
# 44
11-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
These are the current known issues as of 11/12/13:

Known Issues:

• Currently, the only way to exit the game is via the in-game options.
    • The close button on the app's window doesn't work.
  • The initial screen resolution selected by the game is lower than recommended.
    • This can be adjusted in the Video Options window.
  • Occasionally UI icons, like radio buttons, can stop drawing.
  • The introductory videos for the tutorials don't display.
    • Players can still hear Spock's mellifluous voice, however, and the rest of the VO.
  • The Bloom in some parts of the game is a bit too intense.
  • Due to hardwardware limitations of the Magic Mouse, players can not depress both the left and right mouse button at the same time.
    • This does work with the trackpad, and with other computer mice.
  • Enabling the Video option for MSAA will cause a number of graphical issues.

NOTE: General STO Patch Notes and Known Issues can be found here.
wow that is a small list i think I'm going to stop using Wine but i might wait a few days just to make sure.
Ensign
# 45 Promising Start
11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I managed to load up and start messing with DOFF missions in the First City on Qo'nos after several crashes. The game works for a short time but the NPCs start to slow down/skip around me and then it inevitably freezes.

Mac Pro 3,1
AMD Radeon HD 7770 1Gb

I usually run STO in Bootcamp on the same machine and it works beautifully there. STO is the only reason I boot into Windows ever, so I'm looking forward to the Mac client stabilizing. Thanks for undertaking this, Cryptic!
Ensign
# 46
11-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticcliff View Post
Much as I appreciate your optimism, I have a feeling that this list is going to grow a bit before the Mac client is out of beta. =P

We're still running around chasing down a bunch of last-minute little issues here and there. Embarrasingly, there are even a few things that work in WINE, but not the official port! :X
That's okay. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
Ensign
# 47
11-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmetnervend View Post
I'm also having the issue of having Half Resolution stuck on. The UI resolution changes just fine, but the 3d aspects of the game are all blurry. I thought they would have cured myopia by the 25th century.
Me too, and the rest of this message is to have 10 charactors
Mac Book Pro Mid 2010
OS X Macericks
Lieutenant
# 48
11-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I patched and launched the game all right, then when the game window popped up the log in window didn't close on itself as it does on PC, but everything on the panel became unclickable.
I tried different ways to close it manually, no good. Two STO icons stand on my mac dock side by side.

Then I log in the game and was required to put in the one time code. I changed the game panel from full screen to window and then switched to internet browser and got the code, but then when I tried to switch back to the game I simply couldn't. Nothing comes up when I click on the game icon, where is supposed to be the game window is a blank. The icon on the dock can not bring up anything and can not be removed from the dock. I tried to relaunch the game window but as I mentioned it didn't work.

So I can't enter the game or quit the game. The only way to solve the problem is shutting down the mac book.
Ensign
# 49
11-12-2013, 07:37 PM
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3411

you can force quit rather than force restart.
Mac Book Pro Mid 2010
OS X Macericks
Ensign
# 50
11-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I noticed the file size is only 6GB, the wine version is about 15GB. Why the size difference?
Mac Book Pro Mid 2010
OS X Macericks