Lt. Commander
Since the server is down, I figured I'd offer a (sarcastic) list of some answers to common questions for folks since no one can ask in zone chat :p.
  • Yes the servers are down. This happens on most MMOs on launch, and we'll survive past the initial launch outages; have patience. If it helps you feel better, the server guys are being punished by not allowing them to have any more Red Bull until they fix it.
  • Sulu is in the Admiral's office.
  • Lt Commander to get your next ship type: Lvl 11.
  • Klingons: Get to lvl 6, or finish the Silence the Signal Mission.
  • Memory Alpha is north.
  • There is no ground autofire, they removed it sometime late in beta.
  • There is no space autofire beyond 1 forward and 1 aft weapon, and a million space bar keya cried out in anguish.
  • There are four lights.
  • No you may not have a pony.

Feel free to add more if you want.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
  • There are four lights.
  • No you may not have a pony.
LOL. Epic Win
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
My wife is not available to cook, clean and pander to me 24 hours a day. She keeps having these unexpected 8 hour 'wife unavailable' downtimes. She calls this 'sleep', I call it a crash.

What are you doing about THIS Cryptic!! Waaaaaah.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
- If the lack of uber-autofire in space is killing your hand, or the noise is getting on your (or your significant other's) nerves... setting the mousewheel's scroll up to fire all beams, and scroll down to fire all projectiles can help both problems. Zoom can be moved to something like Numpad+/-.

- Expose/Exploit on the ground... learn it, love it. LEARN IT!!!

- Remember, if you're finding certain aspects of combat difficult, ask someone for tips... chances are, they know something you haven't figured out yet... likewise, help people asking for tips.

- Remember the forums are where people vent, argue, suck up and troll... but it's also where good discussion, helpful advice and brainstorming happens... be open minded to all of it - and you'll find the forums less frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
The Neutral Zone (technically the Klingon Neutral Zone) is south.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
- DS9 is in Beta Ursae. Fly halfway down the Sirius Sector, then go west young man.
- You can buy a runabout in DS9 for 147,000 energy credits. Hope they fixed the weapons stats bug with Runabouts.
- P'Jem not working? Did you grab the ambassador from the Stateroom in Starbase 1?
- Sol is in Sirius Sector, aka the one you're in
- Starbase 1 is in Sol in the Sirius Sector
- The admiral's office is directly ahead of you when you beamed in.
- Bridge officer vanished after you commisioned them? Check your Assignments tab. If they aren't there it's a bug, file a report for a GM. The Boff must have taken a wrong turn at an airlock after too much romulan Ale.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
the server guys are being punished by not allowing them to have any more Red Bull until they fix it.
Well there's the problem. The server guys are falling asleep, and they can't have any Red Bull to stay awake.

It's a viscous cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 8 my 2 cents
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
1. press h to holster you weapon.
2. press z to change your weapon.
3. buy all the useful kits for your career soon as possible.
4. sell your stuff at the ship and personal gear vendors for e credit, the traders and replicator gives you less.
5. right click on an item in inventory or slots for a menu with info and Hide from costume as options.
6. Use your map and read the text.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Since the server is down, I figured I'd offer a (sarcastic) list of some answers to common questions for folks since no one can ask in zone chat :p.
[list][*]Yes the servers are down. This happens on most MMOs on launch, and we'll survive past the initial launch outages; have patience. If it helps you feel better, the server guys are being punished by not allowing them to have any more Red Bull until they fix it.
Umm you made a factual statement about this happening to "most MMO's" would you care to cite your research and sources? This is called a Logical Fallacy BTW
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
  • If you need to find Sulu, turn around