Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
call me an eejit (irish for idiot) but I've been trying to complete the "join resource battle" (cant remeber the exact name) that you get from a Commander in Deepspace K7 and he tells you to go to the Kastella sytem (again I think but I cant remember as server is down )

Anyway been there joined the fight against the borg and beaten the mission many times now but it still says in my objectives "Win resource battle".

How do I win apart from play through it start to end? Come top or is this bug?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
Was reported during OB... I don't think anyone ever got credit for a Resource Battle TBH.
That annoys me....i want my 350 XP
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Umm you made a factual statement about this happening to "most MMO's" would you care to cite your research and sources? This is called a Logical Fallacy BTW
Everquest - Game down daily during release, gave everyone a free month
Anarchy Online - Game down daily during release, gave free "compensation packages"
WOW - DB lag made the game playable only if you decided not to loot something
WOW WOTLK - Stability issues.
SWG - Server crashes constantly

That's just off the top of my head, and some major titles.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by openhighhat View Post
call me an eejit (irish for idiot) but I've been trying to complete the "join resource battle" (cant remeber the exact name) that you get from a Commander in Deepspace K7 and he tells you to go to the Kastella sytem (again I think but I cant remember as server is down )

Anyway been there joined the fight against the borg and beaten the mission many times now but it still says in my objectives "Win resource battle".

How do I win apart from play through it start to end? Come top or is this bug?
Was reported during OB... I don't think anyone ever got credit for a Resource Battle TBH.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradax
Everquest - Game down daily during release, gave everyone a free month
Anarchy Online - Game down daily during release, gave free "compensation packages"
WOW - DB lag made the game playable only if you decided not to loot something
WOW WOTLK - Stability issues.
SWG - Server crashes constantly

That's just off the top of my head, and some major titles.
Lol everytime wow has a major patch the 2 days after constant complaining of crashes and people having lag issues have heard some guildy having them up to a week but proably their ISP fault
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Pirates of the Burning Sea

Many crashes, downtime and botched patches. Free days given as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Umm you made a factual statement about this happening to "most MMO's" would you care to cite your research and sources? This is called a Logical Fallacy BTW
I would take the time to reply ... but I seriously don't think you're in the mood to discuss Anything. Still I will point out that when one is trying to show another their errors in critical thinking, it is customary to use a concrete example rather than just state that it is fallacious thinking. Because if you are unable to do so then you may not have a very good basis for your "evaluation".
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_C
Pirates of the Burning Sea

Many crashes, downtime and botched patches. Free days given as a result.
Whenever I start to think about how simple STO is, I think of pirates and I feel better.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
No matter where you are Sulu is always behind you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I dont have solid evidence yet but im sure WoW is responsible for all this instability.