Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
I would take the time to reply ... but I seriously don't think you're in the mood to discuss Anything. Still I will point out that when one is trying to show another their errors in critical thinking, it is customary to use a concrete example rather than just state that it is fallacious thinking. Because if you are unable to do so then you may not have a very good basis for your "evaluation".
Heh, he said "Fallacious" * Opens word calendar*
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Umm you made a factual statement about this happening to "most MMO's" would you care to cite your research and sources? This is called a Logical Fallacy BTW
Sorry, I based it off of personal experience with the following MMOs, and comments from other people on additonal MMOs.
World of ******** (Got to love a game that can't handle the launch load to the point they stop restocking the game on the shelves to keep people from creating more accounts)
Auto Assault
City of Heroes
City of Villains
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Umm you made a factual statement about this happening to "most MMO's" would you care to cite your research and sources? This is called a Logical Fallacy BTW

If you're trying to look smart then bad news, a logical fallacy is a failure of deductive reasoning; you are actually claiming a bare assertion fallacy (i.e., claiming something is true simply by stating it).

In either case you're also wrong, I challenge you to name an MMO that didn't have downtime like this. I guess this is your first launch, bear with it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andurian01 View Post
No matter where you are Sulu is always behind you.
And he's always giving you a creepy stare, while licking his lips.

*shudders*
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
This is actually a very nice thread. Productive, not destructive.

My tip:

Hit P while in space and assign the 'balance shields' icon to your hotkey. It works wonders when you're in the thick of things, ultra-fast cooldown as well.

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteis View Post
This is actually a very nice thread. Productive, not destructive.

My tip:

Hit P while in space and assign the 'balance shields' icon to your hotkey. It works wonders when you're in the thick of things, ultra-fast cooldown as well.

Good luck!
I usually move the "power" for balance shields to the control panel next to weapons. Six one way, half a dozen another.
Note: if you loot a tribble, be careful where you put it. Those be hungry critters.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdinn View Post
I usually move the "power" for balance shields to the control panel next to weapons. Six one way, half a dozen another.
Note: if you loot a tribble, be careful where you put it. Those be hungry critters.
May as well put this comment in then since folks always ask on this:

- To breed tribbles, put them in your inventory with food items. They will eat the food items and replace them with more tribbles.

- Also, since we've mentioned WoW here earlier, No you cannot "mine for fish". However you can use a [Quantam Mine Launcher] to fish for Aquatic Xindi. Just remember, it's catch and release.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappermann
1. press h to holster you weapon.
2. press z to change your weapon.
3. buy all the useful kits for your career soon as possible.
4. sell your stuff at the ship and personal gear vendors for e credit, the traders and replicator gives you less.
5. right click on an item in inventory or slots for a menu with info and Hide from costume as options.
6. Use your map and read the text.
6b: There's a Galaxy Tab on the map to see all the Sectors and their connections.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
I remember back when vanilla WoW launched, did anyone else enjoy hour long queues, random crashes and those wonderful times where everything but the players just went and de-spawned.

Good times.

And anyone remember that story about the EVE Online patch that deleted an important system file (boot.ini) causing a large amount of Win XP users to not be able TO BOOT their PCs? All because they told the patch to replace //boot.ini rather than //eve-online/boot.ini.

Not good times.

All this server crashing? Perfectly normal.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
Since the server is down, I figured I'd offer a (sarcastic) list of some answers to common questions for folks since no one can ask in zone chat :p.

Feel free to add more if you want.
You forgot to tell us how "head start" downtime is different from open beta.