Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
...am I alone in not giving a **** about crafting?
No you aren't as I could care less. I wouldn't mind seeing an enchantment system like in **** though as it was simple and to point.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
...am I alone in not giving a **** about crafting?
No your not, its just plain boring
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Better that they launch without a crafting system, and develop it later IF necessary, then throw one in there just because everyone else has one and make it a dull grind fest and/or superfluous to the game.

But, hey, you seem to have some sort of axe to grind here, judging by your other posts. So, carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconnaise
I didn't care for Blizzard's crafting system and thought it was garbage. Pirates of the Burning Sea had a very detailed and micromanaged crafting system. It was a pretty robust system for people that actually like that socioeconomic thing. Eve has a very unique crafting system as well which is fulfilling for many.

It sounds like you're asking for a useless unless it's maxed crafting system. Lotro, WoW, ****, and many others have that type of system. This doesn't need a typical crafting system or at all imo.
Why come to these threads if you don't think it needs a crafting system?. Why comment? Would it make you mad if there was a better crafting system would ninja's sneek into your home and eat all your sandwich meat? Why would you not want things added as long as they dont take away?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I loved the crafting in Earth and Beyond, primarily focused on components like shields, engines, weapons, etc. You had to deconstruct to learn the schematic, it was great to get loot so you could decon it and there was a healthy market for both player created components and loot drops.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javisman View Post
I loved the crafting in Earth and Beyond, primarily focused on components like shields, engines, weapons, etc. You had to deconstruct to learn the schematic, it was great to get loot so you could decon it and there was a healthy market for both player created components and loot drops.
I agree, that was a crafting system that developers (Cryptic or some other one) should consider resurrecting at some point. E&B was treated poorly by EA, and killed before its time.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
The reason the replicators work so well is because they follow the Law of Conservation of matter/energy. The matter (item) is fully disposed of because it is transformed into pure energy put back into the ship system. The is no waste nor should there be with a complete conversion of matter to energy
Yeah probably but who said anything in Star Trek was an exact science LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
If i recall correct crafting in CoH/CoV was weak too...
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javisman View Post
"Cool Game"
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Then call it that dont try to make it rain yellow and call it good..I honestly think that they have no idea HOW to implement crafting because they are incompetent in some areas. I mean really go steal a dev from Blizz already to teach you how to build a crafting system........
A dev from Blizzard would not be able to create something better than WoW. WoWs crafting system sucked

Quote:
The reason the replicators work so well is because they follow the Law of Conservation of matter/energy. The matter (item) is fully disposed of because it is transformed into pure energy put back into the ship system. The is no waste nor should there be with a complete conversion of matter to energy
Not true the replicators don't follow the law of conservation

A replicator is a device that used transporter technology to dematerialize quantities of matter and then rematerialized that matter in another form. It was also capable of inverting its function, thus disposing of leftovers and dishes and storing the bulk material again. Replicators are capable of producing something as fresh and tasty as non-replicated foodstuffs, inorganically materialized out of patterns used by the transporters.

Replicators in this game are only a vendor system.