Lt. Commander
# 41
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondra
Why come to these threads if you don't think it needs a crafting system?. Why comment? Would it make you mad if there was a better crafting system would ninja's sneek into your home and eat all your sandwich meat? Why would you not want things added as long as they dont take away?
Well he is saying it will probably take away from something else.

STO like any other game only has so many Devs and a limited amount of cash so if they are busy doing a simple crating system like some asked for in the beggining of the thread that will take the Dev working on crafting away from working on something else.

We do have a crafting system like is actually used in Star Trek
Get basic components and use replicators to make something from the raw/rare components in Memory Alpha

And if the new crafting is just something basic then the same people will be on here complaining about it still.......well maybe not
I am guessing we will see a big drop off of the complainers once they make it so you have to have actually paid for the game. Alot of canceling right before they are about to charge them the $50-$60 on their CCs
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Then call it that dont try to make it rain yellow and call it good..I honestly think that they have no idea HOW to implement crafting because they are incompetent in some areas. I mean really go steal a dev from Blizz already to teach you how to build a crafting system........
I understand what you're saying, but really. They should have taken Star Wars Galaxies crafting system. The way it operates, gathering is just amazing. SWG was a horrible game as a whole (though the beginning was pretty decent), but the crafting system has to be one of the most well thought out systems in the history of MMO's up to this point.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I am saving all my "crafting" materials in hopes that a real system is developed. Right now "crafting" items are nothing but another form of currency in game.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardall View Post
I understand what you're saying, but really. They should have taken Star Wars Galaxies crafting system. The way it operates, gathering is just amazing. SWG was a horrible game as a whole (though the beginning was pretty decent), but the crafting system has to be one of the most well thought out systems in the history of MMO's up to this point.
You are right about SWG being a robust system. I think it really just comes down to them using the CO engine and not wanting to put the work in on it really. I envision their dev team at a table with a dry erase board X'ing out crafting from the features list because it wont let them release as fast pure and simple
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
wow ragerx, your system spam takes up more place than the msg. impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondra
Why come to these threads if you don't think it needs a crafting system?. Why comment? Would it make you mad if there was a better crafting system would ninja's sneek into your home and eat all your sandwich meat? Why would you not want things added as long as they dont take away?
I'm not quite sure why you're asking this question. I don't like the current system in place and think it needs improvement or be removed. Why would a person that feels differently feel the need to not voice an opinion on something for or against? What's the problem with that specifically? Do you enjoy telling other people what you think they should do?

I personally don't want to see a half baked crafting system like in most MMO's where I have to craft or buy from a crafter. It kills any trek immersion you mist have while feeling totally out of place. Every MMO crafters almost always have and make the most money. Recipes or whatever you want to call them might require rare items or have rare recipes that again promote spawn camping. I'm totally fine and happy without any of that negativity being added.

Answering your question yes it does take away something from me it's called choice.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactium
Well he is saying it will probably take away from something else.

STO like any other game only has so many Devs and a limited amount of cash so if they are busy doing a simple crating system like some asked for in the beggining of the thread that will take the Dev working on crafting away from working on something else.

We do have a crafting system like is actually used in Star Trek
Get basic components and use replicators to make something from the raw/rare components in Memory Alpha

And if the new crafting is just something basic then the same people will be on here complaining about it still.......well maybe not
I am guessing we will see a big drop off of the complainers once they make it so you have to have actually paid for the game. Alot of canceling right before they are about to charge them the $50-$60 on their CCs
This is pretty concise as currently I have issues with getting missions rewards to having to place all my skills on my hotbar again after it resets. They need to get these seemingly trivial issues ironed out in a timely manner.

Oh and to bring up another point klingons currently don't have an upgrade path like federation. Adding a more complicated crafting system seems counterproductive to any future and current factions.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Eve got it right... they got it too right, with one of the most convoluted, complicated crafting systems in existance. But they also have a (mostly) entirely player driven economy, something that Cryptic cannot, apparently, grasp the basic concepts of.

Ohh well. Cotton candy is cotton candy; you enjoy the sweet emptiness for a little while before going back to Steak.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
As some one earlier in jest said,"Crafting is boring". LIttle did the know they were correct. Now I'm all for diplomatic missions and exploration. It's not all about the pew pew but crafting is boring. It is. If you look deep in your heart, you'll know it too.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
there is no crafting in STO? not that ive seen, you collect annomolies and trade them and 1x unit of an item for a better version of it. You havent crafted anything you simply swapped items for an item...