Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Borg remodulation bug?
11-12-2013, 08:39 AM
For the past week or so I've noticed that the borg adapt very quickly to my weapons in ground STF missions.

I have the rep ability that's supposed to lengthen the time it takes for them to adapt. It worked great up until recently. Now, there are times when they adapt even before the cooldown from the last remodulate is finished.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way I can fix this on my end or should I submit a ticket?
Captain
# 2
11-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie80 View Post
For the past week or so I've noticed that the borg adapt very quickly to my weapons in ground STF missions.

I have the rep ability that's supposed to lengthen the time it takes for them to adapt. It worked great up until recently. Now, there are times when they adapt even before the cooldown from the last remodulate is finished.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way I can fix this on my end or should I submit a ticket?
I believe you are talking about the Omega T3 passive that is called rotating weapon frequency. If you have the Integral Remodulator they work great.

Well, they supposed to but I been having the same problem.

I don't do STF on the ground but I do Defera Invasion Zone. Well, matter of fact I live there but my point is sometimes I can run through the Temple and not remodulate at all. Other times I can run the Temple and have to remodulate after 2 or 3 shots. There are other times I dont even get a shot they adapt as soon as I change frequency.

I really am not sure if its broken but others are having the same issues which started about mid September after maintenance. Go Figure.

I did submit a ticket but they don't seem to care so my suggestion is to just keep trying and hope you make it through wihtout too much problem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3 Having same issues
05-22-2014, 11:07 AM
The post below is what I posted to the Facebook page..I've
gotten better response through that page than submitting tickets.

I have been watching for a particular problem I've noticed
since the start of season 9. When we all did the Omega
reputation, we strived to try to get the ground sets that would
pretty much having to remodulate our shields. I was able
to get both the Omega Mk XII and the MACO Mk XII, both
of which extended the amount of time in which you had to
remodulate your weapons. I even got the ADAPTED MACO
MK XII.. That set was suppose to do away with having to
remodulate anything.
Since the start of Season 9, you can't get past your 3rd or
4th shot before you have to manually remodulate your
weapons..like we did with the Frequency Remodulater you
can get from the replicator. The question is: was this done
on purpose? Was our hard work for nothing? Will the Omega,
MACO or ADAPTED MACO GROUND SETS ever work
like they were intended to anymore?
Captain
# 4
05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
The sets don't increase the time between remodulation, they only allow for a much faster remodulation when the need arises. It's the Omega Reputation T3 ground trait "Omega Graviton Pulse Module" (which you now have to manually slot after S9) that makes borg take longer to adapt to your weapons.

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 05-22-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
05-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Even in the Borg Story Arc missions, this bug is appearing ... Even if you are wearing an Omega Rep Set with the Integral Remodulator, that cycles the next frequency change in the background, so that the next time you use it it's instantaneous ... The Borg are actually adapting before the 10sec CD on the next remudulation, so basically you hit "remodulate" for nothing, because they've already adapted again ...

I've tried using 5 different weapon types on me and my BoFF's, they also all have the replicated Remodulators, and then I tried it with the crafted ones on Defera ... Same result, Borg are adapting quicker than it's even possible to remodulate ... I think the "mechanics" for it is somehow 'borked'
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 6
05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Hmm, interesting. Which weapons are you using, and are your boffs all using the same damage type? Auto-rifles, fluidic antiproton guns, the 8472 guns, the piercing plasma guns from the dilithium store, pistols, miniguns, any weapon that does its damage in "pulses" that show multiple damage floaters per firing cycle or has a high rate of fire will cause them to adapt faster.

The way the borg adaptation mechanic works means that there is a chance for them to adapt to every single shot, so yes it's possible for them to adapt faster than your remodulator can recharge. I just had it happen to me on Defera, but that was once out of like 20 minutes of gameplay. The faster your weapon fires, the faster they'll roll a chance to adapt (which ironically makes the omega autocarbine a less desirable anti-borg weapon).
Starfleet Veteran
From an earlier response to my "demodulation" problem, someone asked what weaponry
I was using. When I go to Defera, I use elite Antiproton High Density Beam Rifle Mk XII [Dmg]x3
[DoT3]. That is the weapon I have used there since I started going to Defera. But, when Season
9 started, the integral frequency demodulation has failed to do what it has done prior to Season 9's
Start. Prior to Season 9, very rarely did I have to remodulate "manually"..but when I did, it was after
Battling with the Borg for quite some time.
As far as this Omega Graviton Pulse Module, I chose it from the very beginning..and had no
Reason to change it as I find myself on Defera quite a bit..so the remodulation factor..or lack there
Of is becoming a really big problem. We earned these sets(omega, MACO and Adapted MACO)
Which all offer the integral frequency Remodulater. Time to get this problem fixed. I've played
This game since June 2010..most bugs I've seen we're fused. Please try to get this one fixed. I
have submitted trouble tickets but have received no response as of today(5/26).

Rear Admiral Unclereeky
106th Fleet - Best Fleet on STO
PVE Wing
Captain
# 8
05-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Not sure and it seems they need to look at it and the visual, audio cues too. Visual and audio seem delayed, like before, when it was bugged. My first clue now is no weapon damage, maybe it's lag across multiple toons?

Try slotting a different trait and reslotting.
Captain
# 9
05-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah it doesnt matter what remodulator you use or the set, sometimes they will adapt really fast with no reason.

The trick is to kill em as fast as you can. In 2 shots. Using the best weapon in the game - the romulan plasma pulse wave. That works for me. Against tactical and elite tactical drones its more problematic, and you will notice against em that sometimes, they adapt instantly lol for unknown reasons.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
05-27-2014, 11:51 AM
This is under investigation.