Lt. Commander
Yes yes, a nerf. I love it too, but it is getting kinda crazy. I don't really classify this as a nerf, per se, but rather a sensible way to limit the power of the gravwell.

- Could we please get gravwells to be targetable? NOT DESTRUCTABLE, but targetable? This way they can at least be identified as friend/foe, as well as their distance. It wouldn't do anything to nerf their damage output or pull, but it would make it easier to avoid.

Thoughts?
Captain
# 2
11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
I'd definitely like a better representation of their actual area of effect than what's going on currently. You think you're safe visually...but you're not!

Some manner to tell whether that's an enemy or friendly GW (TR, EWP, etc) would be interesting...not sure how the system would handle that, mind you.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 3
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
this could be dealt with similarly to what i suggest here, by putting more information into a HUD type display.

in the case of gw and rift, a set of rings on a horizontal plane and a vertical line with pips marking to vertical limits
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Commander
# 4
11-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Why not add a visual effect to the gravity well? Intense gravity causes gravitational lensing, which appears as a warped ring around the circumference of the event horizon. In fact, a gravity well should look exactly like this:

http://www.cosmicteaparty.org/files/...e_milkyway.jpg
Career Officer
# 5
11-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donrah View Post
Why not add a visual effect to the gravity well? Intense gravity causes gravitational lensing, which appears as a warped ring around the circumference of the event horizon. In fact, a gravity well should look exactly like this:

http://www.cosmicteaparty.org/files/...e_milkyway.jpg
I was thinking something like this too. Just some subtle effect on your screen to let you know you're in it. I'd really like some way to tell the friendly ones from the hostile ones though. I run GW on Satek's Prometheus, and fighting the Voth gets really confusing as to whether the GW dead ahead is mine, theirs, or my team's.
Career Officer
but i was able to deduce my GW3 from my Fed Sci, max graviton generator, particle generator skill and 2/3rds decompiler skill, had a range of around 8km+. I was able to see what targets were trapped seeing their trails to an allied grav well and also notice no ill-effect from other grav wells. While enemy grav wells I notice straight away from my self, pets and allied ships if they are too close and try to get out asap, As their range tends to be less except for stadie in mirror but even then not much over 6km and the voth grav wells seem to be quite powerful too 6-7km+ as i'm sure we will all find out.
Captain
# 7
11-14-2013, 12:42 PM
i like getting killed in pvp by a grav well and then respawning with the trail actually pulling me a few meters before it lets go.

strong these are.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Republic Veteran
# 8
11-14-2013, 11:06 PM
After science was beat with a bat and nerfed to near oblivion. I'm glad grav well got a boost . along with Tyken's Rift. It's about time Science started to regain a bit of relevency instead of everyone must dps to win .

if anything Nerf tractor repulsors , Nothing more agrivating then laying down a well timed grav well to snatch up a bunch of ships . Only to have some tool come along an tractor repluse everything out of the grav well . Brilliant logic there. Apart from No win scenaro , that's the only time I've been happy to see tractor repulors . For everythign else it's an annoying waste of everyone else's time . It's even worse when your not flying a beam boat cruiser . an move into a nice killing arc with your escourt with canons . an some moron in a gal X or oddy , tractor repulse your target from the lovely 3km range you had the target lined up for . to see it's now 12km away and your alpha strike wasted .

times like that , espcially in stf's I iwsh I could join the npc's side an kill the ships who repulse mobs all over the place . the small comfort one can have is when the serial repulsor's generally end up dying to Donatro's Thalaron pulse every time .
Commander
# 9
11-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmodeas View Post
After science was beat with a bat and nerfed to near oblivion. I'm glad grav well got a boost . along with Tyken's Rift. It's about time Science started to regain a bit of relevency instead of everyone must dps to win .

if anything Nerf tractor repulsors , Nothing more agrivating then laying down a well timed grav well to snatch up a bunch of ships . Only to have some tool come along an tractor repluse everything out of the grav well . Brilliant logic there. Apart from No win scenaro , that's the only time I've been happy to see tractor repulors . For everythign else it's an annoying waste of everyone else's time . It's even worse when your not flying a beam boat cruiser . an move into a nice killing arc with your escourt with canons . an some moron in a gal X or oddy , tractor repulse your target from the lovely 3km range you had the target lined up for . to see it's now 12km away and your alpha strike wasted .

times like that , espcially in stf's I iwsh I could join the npc's side an kill the ships who repulse mobs all over the place . the small comfort one can have is when the serial repulsor's generally end up dying to Donatro's Thalaron pulse every time .
Grav Well: Agreed. Leave it alone, it's traumatized by now after all the meesing it's had done to it over the years.

Tractor Repulsors: With all due respect, you are wrong about where they are useful and I think they are one of the best abilities in the game. IF used properly. But this thread is about grav well, not how useful TBR is in Khitomer, Azure Nebula, Infected, Cure, PvP and more.

And, I'll go further with this, I put it to you that there is nothing more annoying than someone slapping a grav well down on a bunch of ships that you were about to push out of firing range of the transport on NWS.

Anyway. It can get get confusing out there with multiple friendly and non friendly doff procced gravwells out there, but don't let's confuse cryptic into thinking thre's a problem with the actual ability.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.

Last edited by carasucia83; 11-15-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Hrmmm, folks need to read what the OP said...and...not just the title of the thread.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin