Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Didnt we hear the same thing in BETA? "Oh its only Beta, it wont be like this at launch" ROFLMAO
you are new to mmorpgs, this is not new this is expected, you paid so suck it up and live with it, or call cs monday and get a refund, if you can't then stop playing and move on perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
WOW, JUST WOW. I don't know who you pre-ordered with but if I didnt like the game I could go cancel my $10 pre-order on the CE from Gamestop right now if I wanted to. My subscription doesnt start until I register the retail copy I purchase on Feb2. Apparently you have no conecpt of ownership. As for a played out thread, it's free world so suck it. I have only been playing since yesterday and registered about the same time, sorry if I dont want to sort through 500,000 posts on a topic I felt like posting about.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohndor
You are not paying for this time, it is a headstart they DIDN'T HAVE TO DO. If you don't like it get a freaking refund. If you bought through steam I feel sorry for you. ALL MMO'S have stability issues with servers at launch, the Head start is kind of a final beta stress test, BUT THEY ALLOW YOU TO KEEP YOU CHARACTERS ISNT THAT NICE! You can complain when it starts happening on your dime, and even then most companies I've played MMO's with reimburse for excessive downtime.
Actually.. you are incorrect. I did in fact pay for this time. The lost leaders offered for pre-order were, in fact, marketing tools to convince people to pre order. It was a written agreement. No.. they didn't have to do it. But they DID promise it if you pre-order the game. You can't get a freaking refund. Of course they let you keep your head start characters.. what would be the point if they didn't.

Please save your meaningless rant. It would be like a contractor telling you that he could provide living quarters for you while your new house is built IF you pre pay. Then when you arrive, it isn't there. That's far fetched, but the point is their offer was an incentive. So YES THEY DO have to so it! The fact of the matter is that if I had not PAID for pre order, I wouldn't be able to play right now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
If headstart is something they didn't have to do, then they shouldn't have had special packages that included a headstart.

Headstart was part of what people paid for when they purchased the more expensive editions of this game. The chance to get a jump ahead of the people who start on Feb 2nd.

So far I've dealt with Steam issues deleting all my game files yesterday, then I finally work around the problem only to have the servers down today for god knows what reason?

I think they do owe headstart people who've been bilked out of two days of play that they paid for something extra to make up for this rediculousness.

Even a trinket would be nice, something to make me think I got my money's worth from buying the more expensive package.

So far I'm no farther ahead of people who start on the 2nd, and it's not for lack on my part of trying.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohndor
WOW, JUST WOW. I don't know who you pre-ordered with but if I didnt like the game I could go cancel my $10 pre-order on the CE from Gamestop right now if I wanted to. My subscription doesnt start until I register the retail copy I purchase on Feb2. Apparently you have no conecpt of ownership. As for a played out thread, it's free world so suck it. I have only been playing since yesterday and registered about the same time, sorry if I dont want to sort through 500,000 posts on a topic I felt like posting about.
So it's ok for you to post because it's your thoughts and mine don't count because I have been here over 2 years and seen similar posts all day long and during most of the open beta and wait... closed beta also?

Nice...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
People have swollen expectations for an MMO start. This isnt a counsel game. Nor is it a FPS on your pc. Its a very very complex game which has hundreds or thousands of users. Its not going to be flawless at launch. Not a single MMO out today had a smooth start. And they always have problems because thousands of people play it. It breaks things. There can be bugs we havent even seen yet because there is content no one has reached yet. There will be updates. Patches. Etc. And the servers will go down. It is a part of playing an MMO.

Its like a storm making pot holes in the road and the city/state/nation having to go out and repair the roads. Or a stop lights LEDs or bulbs going out. You can do something else like take another road or intersection in these circumstances. Once things are repaired you are back to driving the same roads that were closed for repairs.

When STO is down, go read a book, play a game, get food, talk to a friend, anything. There is something called life out there. When a game goes down, it doesnt stop.

I want to get back to playing too. Im not treating this game as everything. As it says in the World of ******** load screens "Take everything in moderation. Even World of ********."
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Desdecardo,

We paid for the headstart, and yet the servers aren't up, and those who baught from Steam couldn't hardly play yesterday either.

Thus I think Cryptic, if it wants to act in good faith, could do something to replace that lost value. Something as simple as a trinket as a "we're sorry" would be nice.

Heck, a purple colored tribble that does nothing at all would be at least "something" showing that they empathize with those who paid for this miserable headstart.