Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 522
# 21
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is not some lubrication to an "Anime Trek". PWE seems keen on anime type games and I pray this artistic genre stays out of STO.



LOL! Welcome to fat trek.
It kinda is anime-ish/cartoony already.. The exaggerated distinctivness between male & female body shapes, without ability to choose something more neutral is typical far cartoons/anime (yup, the lack of choice in body shapes is what bugs me a lot... ) kinda makes it cartoony and all that. I've wanted to make a muscular/masculine shaped woman all way, and can't. Too big bewbs, even when at the smallest slider possible and the overdone curves... Saw similar complaint of opposite side too, people wanting to make males more feminine and they can't either...

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 985
# 22
11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
The head size and hip width is a known issue. We have a fix that we have to make sure all is stable before checking in.

The textures look surprisingly more dramatic than expected and intended. The intended original changes were very subtle and initially got positive responses on Tribble. Possibly incorrect or WiP versions got saved instead. We will look into it and if we can't find something that overall feels better for players we will revert.
Please tell me that means that the head will return to its normal pre-Season 8 scale on our toons?
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 443
# 23
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarkrider View Post
It kinda is anime-ish/cartoony already.. The exaggerated distinctivness between male & female body shapes, without ability to choose something more neutral is typical far cartoons/anime (yup, the lack of choice in body shapes is what bugs me a lot... ) kinda makes it cartoony and all that. I've wanted to make a muscular/masculine shaped woman all way, and can't. Too big bewbs, even when at the smallest slider possible and the overdone curves... Saw similar complaint of opposite side too, people wanting to make males more feminine and they can't either...
Yeah, the shapes were animeish, but at least we had some detail which anime seems to lack. The new textures seem cartoony.
Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 193
# 24
11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I personally don't think the new eyes or lips look good at all.

The eyes looks tired, and lifeless.

The lips look smaller and less curvy to me.

It looks like textures that would have been in the game before updating them to what we used to have. Haha.

I am all for reverting to the old textures. Tried, true, and not broken at all.


And my characters didn't look like tired cocaine addicts 12 hours ago either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 133
# 25
11-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear head sizes are getting fixed, still pretty noticeable since the move over from Tribble, though arm length also seems to need a looking at. Could ya'll take a look at that too?

I don't mind wider hips, so long as it's an extension of the hips slider so I can add on for myself.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 26
11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
I really like the new textures (especialy for aliens), any chance we can have the new and all textures as options in the tailor?

__________________________________________________

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,415
# 27
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
My vote is to simply revert the facial changes to what they were originally.
Same here.

The new ones simply don't look like my characters that I've created and played with for years now.

Ironically, you get a few close-ups on your characters face during the cutscenes the introduces everyone into the sphere and the adventure zone. At first I thought it might have been just the lighting, but the fears and worries were confirmed a few seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
The head size and hip width is a known issue. We have a fix that we have to make sure all is stable before checking in.

The textures look surprisingly more dramatic than expected and intended. The intended original changes were very subtle and initially got positive responses on Tribble. Possibly incorrect or WiP versions got saved instead. We will look into it and if we can't find something that overall feels better for players we will revert.
The bold part would be very much appreciated.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,719
# 28
11-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Please keep the hip changes, they're so much better than those stick legs from before without being horribly fat or otherwise unnecessarily freakish. Srsly we finally get some damned curves and people want it taken out crying about anime and cartoon. Ugh.

But yeah I could go either way on the face textures and head size. I don't really notice the difference with head sizes and the I neither like nor dislike the new face textures enough to care if they stay or go.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 193
# 29
11-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Same here.

The new ones simply don't look like my characters that I've created and played with for years now.

Ironically, you get a few close-ups on your characters face during the cutscenes the introduces everyone into the sphere and the adventure zone. At first I thought it might have been just the lighting, but the fears and worries were confirmed a few seconds later...



The bold part would be very much appreciated.


This.
I have made a connection with the characters I have played with, some for over a year.

I spent countless hours over the course of months making them look exactly the way I wanted and was very content with.

As it stands, I feel like these aren't even my characters, they don't look good to me.

As a result, not enjoying my characters is not immersing me at all, and I don't feel like playing a game in which the characters I made are no longer there, essentially.

If the old textures were never touched, I would be having a blast as my Rommie in the Dyson Sphere right now, but due to this, I am instead on the forums, imploring Cryptic to give my character's looks back to me! I agree with jexsamx about the curves, but toss the rest or give the option.

Revert these changes entirely.

Last edited by colson15; 11-12-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 115
# 30
11-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Hips and head will be reverting as close as possible. Known issue. Fix is on its way.

Reverting face textures with *minor* improvements mostly to tone (helping to match face with other body parts). See image:

http://imgur.com/Aabixfw

NOTE!!: the fixes will not be immediate. We are locked down on importing anything for now unless it is to fix showstoppers.

Again, we know many people have spent a lot of time on their characters and don't intend to change the essence of what you've created.

cheers!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.