Originally Posted by Th0rh4mm3r
2.5 hours is not ASAP....
"ASAP" does not mean "very quickly." It means "as soon as possible."
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I expected downtime during the headstart, but how about a frickin ETA?

ASAP is only an ETA if the server is being rebooted.

2.5 hours is not ASAP, and not having an update after 2 hours is not ASAP either.

1st, it took 30+ minutes before cryptic even acknowledged the server was down, and then they gave us no ETA.

Now, here we are 2.5 hours on and still no update.
ETA's can only be given when there actually IS one. ASAP also means 'as soon as possible' and can be anytime from 1 seconds to infinity, or never. It does not nor cannot cover a set period of time.

Scenario - If there had been a major server component failure, then they would have gone to their third party for hardware replacement (probably a one hour SLA - service level agreement), then they would have to do the repair when the part arrives, then restore all data. However in THIS instance, the eta can only be given when the restore starts and the amount of time remaining is calculated.

In summary, shutup and stop moaning/
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I expected downtime during the headstart, but how about a frickin ETA?

2.5 hours is not ASAP, and not having an update after 2 hours is not ASAP either.

1st, it took 30+ minutes before cryptic even acknowledged the server was down, and then they gave us no ETA.

not to be a upstart, but I think what u want is ETR = Estimated Time of Repair. I'm happy that at least the devs acknowledged there was an issue this time, yesterday was shooting in the dark for people like me who are already getting intermittent connections/disconnections during their up-time.

If I had to venture a guess, they tried inputting something live, which didn't agree with the coding, and they are having to trace the bad code/disagreeable part. Tracing can take a while, the most we can hope for is hours or bi-hourly updates.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I get what the OP is on about, but I can't help but think being more respectful and courteous would have a higher chance of getting a response from Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kausten
Yeah lets blame the Americans! j/k
thats the status quo
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:

do you know what asap means? it means AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, meaning they will have the server up when it is fixed... duh
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llelowyn View Post
not to be a upstart, but I think what u want is ETR = Estimated Time of Repair.
Actually, it's ETC

Estimated Time of Completion.

What's your ETC on having that analysis done?

Whats the ETC on getting that file loaded?

Any ETC for bringing that new gonculator online?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
ETA's can only be given when there actually IS one. ASAP also means 'as soon as possible' and can be anytime from 1 seconds to infinity, or never. It does not nor cannot cover a set period of time.

Scenario - If there had been a major server component failure, then they would have gone to their third party for hardware replacement (probably a one hour SLA - service level agreement), then they would have to do the repair when the part arrives, then restore all data. However in THIS instance, the eta can only be given when the restore starts and the amount of time remaining is calculated.

In summary, shutup and stop moaning/

I think that is as concise and accurate statement ever uttered on a game forums.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 03:09 PM
ASAP = As sweet as pie, doesn't say when though

>.>

<.<