Lt. Commander
# 1401 my ship names
01-02-2011, 05:08 AM
USS. Tempest - a William Shakespear play
USS. Dawn Treader - based on the C.S. Lewis book
USS. Invictus - a poem by William Henley
USS. Tunguska - a huge explosion that happened on 30th June 1908
USS. Cassini - after the Cassini mission to Saturn
USS. Aventine - after Captain. Dax's ship in the Star Trek Destiny books 'Vesta Class'
USS. Goliath - a name I chose for my runabout
USS. Echelon - a signal intelligence codename to monitor cold war communications of the Soviet Union
Lt. Commander
# 1402
01-02-2011, 05:08 AM
USS Aotearoa, the native name of New Zealand.
USS Drakkar, named after the famous norse longships.
USS Terra, self speaking.
USS Rapier, one of the most elegant weapons ever made, imho.
USS Stardust, named after a primitive starship from another universe/ reality.

Thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 1403
01-02-2011, 06:38 AM
My 1st character, male tac had Thor based names... I wanted to be a bit more imaginative for my 2nd, female,eng character

U.S.S. Calypso - after both the Nymph and the explorer Jacques Cousteau's ship.

U.S.S. Zenobia - after a 3rd century Syrian Queen who conquered Egypt and drove out the Romans for a while.

U.S.S. Alma - Alma has many meanings in many languages , Maiden, Soul, Nourishing, Effort.

U.S.S. Barbara Hillary - on April 23, 2007 at the age of 75 Barbara Hillary of Queens NY became the 1st African American woman to reach the North Pole on skis.

U.S.S. Mae Jemison - The first African American woman to travel in space when she went into orbit aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour on September 12, 1992.

U.S.S. Sally Ride - In 1983, became the first American woman, and then-youngest American, to enter space.

U.S.S. Jeanne d' Arc - The Maid of Orléans, led the French in several important battles and victories in the 100 years war
Lt. Commander
# 1404
01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
In order from first to current (I tend to pick more obscure names/references for that unique-ish feeling):

USS Parallax (LC) - Was thinking about parallax scrolling if I remember correctly, sounded good so I went with it.
USS Xanadu (SV) - Originally the summer capital of Kublai Khan's empire, but it's been referenced many a time.
USS Amarantine (RSV) - Enya album name, related to a genus of plant, sounded interesting.
USS Cassandra (LRSV) - Greek prophetess
USS Alessa (DSSV) - Character from the Silent Hill series of games (brilliant games if you like horror) - Alessa Gillespie
USS Asakura (ARSV refit) - Character from the anime 'Haruhi Suzumiya' - Ryoko Asakura
Lt. Commander
# 1405
01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
my main is the uss Armagosa its from generations. i like to pick names that have something to do with an obscure line or name from the movies and shows.
Lt. Commander
# 1406
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
U.S.S. Feynman: after astrophysicist Richard Feynman
Lt. Commander
# 1407
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I got to add " Lilith in White" as my Nebula, can't wait for the Vulcan ship, going to name it "Devils Trill", lol guess what race I'm "joined" too.

Started here.
Lt. Commander
# 1408
01-02-2011, 10:23 PM
USS Stingray

the puppet show as a kid
Lt. Commander
# 1409 U.S.S. Penumbra
01-03-2011, 10:55 AM
The penumbra (from the Latin paene "almost, nearly" and umbra "shadow") is the region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. An observer in the penumbra experiences a partial eclipse. An alternative definition is that the penumbra is the region where some or all of the light source is obscured (i.e., the umbra is a subset of the penumbra).
Lt. Commander
# 1410
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Assault Cruiser - U.S.S. Fail Boat, A name of irony as I feel, for the moment at least, my Cruiser build is good.

Carrier (Have Klingon Captain...getting there) - I.K.S. Coral Sea, First Naval battle fought where opposing navies never saw each other....and Feds don't have carriers so...