Lt. Commander
# 1631
09-21-2011, 02:45 PM
My original post in here back in 2010.

As now for my other characters since..

U.S.S. Lwaxana, Nyrez's ship - Named after Majel Barret-Roddenbury's character, Lwaxana Troi in honor and remembrance of her. R.I.P. Majel, will always love and cherish you and your work! Nyrez also has his other ships and shuttles named after Majel's and Marina's characters and/or Betazed places:

Nyrez's Comissioned Vessels:
U.S.S. Lwaxana; Intrepid Class Retrofit
--- U.S.S. Majel; Delta Class Runabout
U.S.S. Deanna; Trident Class
--- U.S.S. Marina; Danube Class Runabout
U.S.S. Sirtis; Comet Class
U.S.S. Barrett; Constitution Class
U.S.S. Cataria; NX Class
U.S.S. Troi; Quasar Class Refit

Dra'Ro'Ar's main vessel, the U.S.S. Hypacro is named after the Hypacrosaurus species, since he is a Voth-Saurian hybrid raised on Earth. I figured it would be befitting for him to have an affinity for the species of dinosaurs he evolved from. All his future vessels will have similar names derived from the Hadrosauridae family.

Zorn's ship, I.K.S. Zilcher, was just my silly play at a Z-named vessel to represent that he will reduce his enemies to nothing, nadda, zilch, zero!
Lt. Commander
# 1632
09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
My VA is at the helm of a Defiant class ship named:

U.S.S. Missouri

Built as a high powered warship to avenge the lives lost in the line of duty at Wolf 359.
Lt. Commander
# 1633
09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
USS Horizon, named after Event Horizon, of the movie by the same title
Lt. Commander
# 1634
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
U.S.S. Vidarr

One of the sons of Odin.
Lt. Commander
# 1635
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
IKS Ursva - Default name given to a proud K't'inga class cruiser belonging to Zadari Imeni, my joined Trill tac. I kept it in honor of my favorite sequence of dialogue in all of the Star Trek movies.

Her motto is: We is condemning food, things and supplies!
Lt. Commander
# 1636
09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
With the exception of my main VA's ship, all my Federation ship names come from geniune Royal Navy ships.

HMS Smiter - USS Smiter
HMS Phaeton - USS Phaeton
HMS Ranger - USS Ranger

My main VA's ship, USS Hephaestus comes from HMSS Hephaestus in the Honor Harrington books. The main ship yard of the Royal Manticoran Navy.

Of course my one Klingon ship is just the randon in game Klingon name.
Lt. Commander
# 1637
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
U.S.S. Umbra (Multi-Vector) named less for just a Shadow and more for the Shadow of a Planet or its Dark Side.

U.S.S. Sentinel (D'kyr) Named somewhat for the Adacar Sentinel from MTG thanks to its Artifact Color and that ever watching eye (the Deflector Dish).

I.K.S. Dragon Claw (Guramba) Self Explanatory.
Lt. Commander
# 1638 My three main ships:
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
USS I'm On A Boat - Named after the song by The Lonely Island.
USS Oscar François de Jarjayes - Based on The Rose of Versailles Abridged by Cassius.
USS Some Kind of Sign - Based on Naruto Chapter Interpretations by Nowacking.
Lt. Commander
# 1639
09-24-2011, 03:29 PM
USS Foward Unto Dawn (Venture Galaxy Class), Halo 3 ship UNSC Forward Unto Dawn, fought in the Battle of Earth and Battle of Installation 00, entire vessel was split in half, one piece returning to Earth, another drifting to Sigma 7 along with John-117 and Cortana., when the portal it was going through shut down,
Lt. Commander
# 1640
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
My ships names have been random but thought out.

USS Oklahoma City NCC-95666 (Constitution class pre-order bonus)
My first ship was named after my most recent submarine, the USS Oklahoma City SSN-723, the hull number was completely random

USS Vendetta NCC-990104-A (Constitution class refit)
Struggled for a name with this ship. I finally settled on this name because it didn't seem overly aggressive, but also not overly passive. The hull number is the date I entered the Navy.

USS Zephyr NCC-110727 (Excelsior Class)
Excelsior the name always seemed like a young horses name to me. Fast and agile. So I went with Zephyr because it is a sprite wind, and it seemed fitting for this class of ship. The hull number is the date I acquired the ship.

USS Enola Gay NCC-861945 (Galaxy Class)
My pride and joy. I was ecstatic when I finally got this ship. I had wanted it since the game was released. I wanted to make sure the name was carefully selected and just as grand as the ship herself. Enola Gay was the bomber in WWII that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, and the hull number is the date that the bomb was dropped.