Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Third fleet has been great to be a part of. Looking forward to future get togethers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Just a quick overview of the assets our fleet provide to our members at no cost! (donation accepted tho)
  • State of the art, fully updated and customized Vbulletin 4.01 forums / CMS suite.

Our site is by far our greatest asset that we provide to our members as you've already been told its extremely active and full of tons of helpful people, We have a fairly large admin and moderator staff to accomidate future updates and keep track of our members needs and wants. Trust me this site gets better by the day!
  • A 100 slot Teamspeak 3 server, for use in game and beyond.

It wasn't an easy decision picking our voice chat medium with soo many available on the market but we finally settled with Teamspeak 3 because of its increased features and superior voice quality. Our TS3 server is constantly updated with the latest TS3 beta clients and its PC side Client auto updates when setup properly. Members are strongly encouraged to use the TS3 server while in game to help coordinate our groups and enhance gameplay in STO.
  • Roleplay Tools like Captains Logs/Blogs

Its no dought that one of the easiest ways to roleplay in STO is to write and keep a continuous captains log detailing your adventures of your ship and crew. well threw out websites integrated blogging feature we've established a location for our members to keep track of and update a log of their adventures. this feature also provides a way to share your adventures with everyone else so that we can be inspired by one anothers accounts in the realm of STO
  • An international community,

As its been stated may times before in this thread we are an international community thats growing by leaps and bounds every day. It wasn't always this way infact 3rd Fleet started out at a german fleet, however our fleet founder made a desisive desision to move 3rd Fleet into the internation realm by first adding an english division and then later repeating the desision by adding a French Division.

While our primary fleet language is English we now host 3 separate language specific divisions and we all have come together perfectly to create a united fleet in game. Its our belief that the creation of an international... no an intergalactic community was star treks root message and we honor gene's creation by supporting that in anyway we can... while I think we're still a "first contact" away from being an intergalactic community, I'm sure that once the vulcans land that we'll be more than willing to open a vulcan division =).

No matter what language you speak, you'll always be welcomed at 3rd Fleet!
  • Hosted Simms, a second website (also with a VB 4 licence) which we use to host independent simms that our members like or even have created.

While 3rd Fleet Focuses on just STO we also appreciate the fact that alot of our members participate in roleplay groups on the side, to this end we offer up a second independent site to host these simms that our members enjoy. These groups are completely independently managed and membership to 3rd fleet isn't required to participate in them. we just offer them a proper forum and a EF server to host them on at no cost. We're still looking for additional simms to host to help fill our site so if you know of an independent group that is in need of some free hosting then point them in our direction.

Its our goal that by hosting these independent groups we can help organize and stabilize the growing star trek community, and offer everyone a place to live out their dream of a star trek world
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I know STO is very addictive, but if you are looking for a fleet that operates on a professional level this is for you. Take some time and browse our site
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-12-2010, 03:15 PM
We have over 300 Active Members with 345 members registered.

We are growing by the day so get into one of the most friendlies fleet out there!

Coming soon 3rd Fleet Hawaii Confrence!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Hey. Kiana Zaan here Fleet XO of PR

I prefer to use a nice Teal/Blue
its very mello. That and unlike everyone els's overuse of red...I can actualy see this colour againsed black >__>
as all the red..lol I cant see it at all i just see a red blurry blob and i keep bugging my parents to read it for me haha XD Thats how epic i am at failing

So the 3rd Fleet is a brillian fleet its very much like the ship crews from the TV shows one big family. Everyone helps each other and everyone knows that we have to work together.

Were a small fleet but the small things have a bite and boy do we have a bite. BUT! its not a molevilent one its a good one. We are a united group from all over the place full of divercity and diferent belifes and yet we work in harmony. So if you want a family of a fleet come to us. Dont worry I wont bite..much but overall i wont bite
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Don't also forget we do things for the community as well!
Check out these great programs created by people at 3rd Fleet

3rd Fleet STO Server Checker
Now I know what you're thinking about how you can just look in the launcher for this, but our app will allow you to not keep flicking in between what you are doing and the launcher. It uses a pop-up system on the traybar and plays a notification sound - or not. It is pretty much completely customizable. If you don't want a pop-up and just want a changing colour, make it so. No alert? Don't worry there doesn't have to be! (Though if you want a good one, check here Acknowledge.WAV)

Also we have a system finder - not a Sulu finder unfortunately. It is in German, but easy to understand. Basically there is a box that you put the system name in, from there you press 'Absenden' basically send or submit. And then it reveals the system you want to find in English. For Star Trek Online System Search click HERE
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Our people develop nice things indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris_Carter View Post
Our people develop nice things indeed.
Like babies :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Going to bump this with an update,

Currently 3rd Fleet has reached its ingame Fleet Capacity. We're currently going threw idea's and attempting to deside the best course of action to accomidate our ever growing fleet, You can still feel free to apply to our fleet but it might take a few days or so to recieve an invite
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Aside from that. Were are all the US / UK People?

Are you afraid of working together with other countrys like france, germany, and canada?