Lt. Commander
# 1 Liberated Borg Opinon
01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't have one so this is not about how they play or look or anything like that. This is just a fun, debate opinion thread about their impact in the Star Trek Universe.

So, where are they all coming from? I mean we all know its not really easy to 'liberate' a Borg drone. Maybe the Federation found a transport ship that was being assimilated and rescued a bunch of people? Or perhaps they are remnants of Hugh and his batch of Borg?

Relax folks I know its just a game, I just enjoy speculating the what ifs of how this could become part of cannon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I guess there were many disconnected borg ships drifting around after Admiral Janeway virussed the hell out of them...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotoc View Post
I don't have one so this is not about how they play or look or anything like that. This is just a fun, debate opinion thread about their impact in the Star Trek Universe.

So, where are they all coming from? I mean we all know its not really easy to 'liberate' a Borg drone. Maybe the Federation found a transport ship that was being assimilated and rescued a bunch of people? Or perhaps they are remnants of Hugh and his batch of Borg?

Relax folks I know its just a game, I just enjoy speculating the what ifs of how this could become part of cannon.
It's gonna take more than a transport ship to account for all these numbers. Half of the people in game are liberated Borg. Maybe a borg maker got loose, was captured by a traveling circus barge, and the ringmaster charged people $239.99 to be changed into one, and then changed back..... and that traveling barge was called the U.S.S. Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Interesting source of speculation... I rolled one myself, but basically made him look like an ordinary human, so the only Borg aspects are his traits/skills. Since they let ya make a biography, I basically said my toon had just had assimilation begun on him when he was rescued by shipmates during the tutorial "attack". I figured since they've done it before at least twice that I can think of, to varying degrees, why not?

Since they let you write a biography; personally, the explanations some people might give (if they decide to bother) could be interesting... Mine hardly had any effort in it of course, I'm sure there's much better stuff out there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:

I just want a Borg with some specialization skills such as Soldier so that I can use a Gun or Covert so I can go Hand-to-hand Martial arts. other wise the Knlingons are going to eat me alive.... Not to mention useless in PvE as well
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't say it's hard to liberate a Borg... what's hard is to rehabilitate, but even that varies depending on how long they've been Borg.

The Borg children on Voyager, for instance, weren't that hard since they weren't Borg for very long. Seven was tough, though, because she had been Borg for most of her life. In reality... any liberated Borg that's human probably wasn't Borg for very long, since most of those that find themselves before the Borg to get assimilated are adult Starfleet officers or ship crew.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Hmm, I twisted and bent my borgie into a Geordie-that-almost-turned-into-a-UV-creature with pale skin and then added red hair and all the blue veins showing.

Background? He materialized out of the character transporter this way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Well. It has been about 30 years, give or take, from the time of Voyager hasn't it? Starfleet has only gotten better against the Borg in that time. So, perhaps they've devoted some serious resources to the process of liberating Borg.

Instead of just leaving the drones to die after a battle, I'm guessing they try to save as many as they can.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:

Liberated Borg came a couple hours after the start of Head start...

If you have done the tutorial mission in the very beginning, you would know that your ship is under attack by the Borg.

It stands to reason that you must have been at least partially assimilated just before the tutorial and your ships doctor was able to help you.

As far into the future as this is taking place; there has been plenty of time to study what we know about the removal of Borg implants.
Lt. Commander
# 10
My personal fanon explanation? (Fanon of course being "stuff what is my personal pet idea that is in no way official")

I'm thinking that sometime post Voyager return, Starfleet mounted an assault/rescue mission on a world or two that the Borg had assimilated during some prior raid. It was possible given that the Borg were disrupted and disconnected; freeing maybe thousands of drones. (All of this would have had to occur before things started going south with the Klingons of course)

... of course I admit I mostly like that explanation because it would make a fantastic Star Trek movie, properly fleshed out of course. <. .>