Lt. Commander
hiya,

first things first:
- nvidia gtx260 (tryed 190.62, 191.xx,195.62 drivers)
- intel e8400 dual core (3 ghz)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
- 8 GB Ram
- cable (26 mbit) but that shouldn't make any difference (european location)

-> configured my nvidia drivers for max performance, no quality settings

settings for STO:
- 1920x1200 - i even tried lower 16:10 resolutions (1280x, 1440x etc) which didnt really changed my problem
- ingame graphic details:
high : 27-37 fps
medium: 30-40 fps
low: 55-80 fps
(mesured with /showfps 1 and fraps, same numbers)

QUESTION: is that acceptable for my setup?

besides that:
it's really strange that at low settings the game seems as smooth as my WoW does (1920 highest settings)... everything seems normal there

but if i take medium or high settings this happens: ok, i have 30-40 fps, but it seems more like that i have 15-20, i have the impression that the game shuts out 2 frames, makes a stop and continues and get its 40 pfs like that, but as player its more like a sluttering 20 fps impression...
well, this is not to whine about some fps, but its hardly playable like this since the game reactions are strange too at those settings... reacting a bit like my machine can't handle all the information or something... hard to explain, i hope you know what i'm trying to say

what i did till the middle of open beta:
i took medium settings and customized them (shadows middle, postprocessing off, etc pp) what helped a bit... but as far as i am concerned i am pretty sure that i should be able to run the game at full details (a friend of mine has a gtx260 too running at high settings without problems...)

hopefully that someone could give me a hint what i could try
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Buy a new CPU. Dual core is slowing your system down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
you aren't serious about that, are you?
my cpu is way beyond the recommended processor...

but that can't explain the fps-behaviour... if i have 40 fps, it has to be smooth for a game like this! (ok shooters apart... thats another story )