Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
11-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Here's some more info: I have not actually noticed my KEYBINDS resetting. In all cases, my buttons work. HOWEVER, the UI display of what buttons are assigned to what tray, in the event that no button is visibly assigned, will revert to the displaying the default controls...but these controls do not actually work, and my actual controls will.

I would thus consider this to be at best a minor irritant, and not a serious issue. Can anyone else confirm that this is what actually happens? Do you ACTUALLY lose your keys, or does it just visibly appear so on the tray?
What happens is buttons we have bound to one thing end up resetting so they're bound to something else. It is not limited just to the tray.
Lieutenant
# 52
12-07-2013, 10:20 PM
are there any news about this issue?
the issue still remains -.-

for those who don't know what's going on:

the keybinds reset after every map change
i made some screenies:

(i did the "/unbind_all" command and rebound my keys and saved it as a file which looks good as you can see on the left side)
(then i switched maps and saved it again as file and i got the file on the right)

Keybind File Difference

this pic down here shows how it resets binds after a map change

Tray Difference

you can even see that the tray has now two times the key "1" showing at the lower row after the map change
Lieutenant
# 53
12-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Keybinds have been an issue not only with this game but in NW as well. I will go into the keybind menu, set new binds, exit out, then a min later several keybinds have just ramdomly reset themselves to different values.

The only way to minimize this is to go in and erase ALL the default binds, then custom them. The problem seems to be with overwriting existing keybinds with a different value.

This was an issue months ago with NW, I just started playing STO recently and noticed the same exact problem.
Captain
# 54
12-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Hm, i dont think i had those issues. But what i really find very irritating is the need to reconfigure all your power slots when you switch ships, because they are automatically assigned to your new selected ship. So i need to drag-drop again all my skills and powers to the power bar.
Republic Veteran
# 55 In dire need of attention.
12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
I am not sure what the problem is for sure, as I'm not exactly a game developer. However, I can say with complete certainty that the keybind system needs some attention.

The main problem I'm having is when trying to re-map a key to a different function. It seems to "Retain" it's "Default" mapping. Which is not good.

This greatly hinders a players ability to map the keybinds to their choosing.

Please look into this, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 56 camera zoom in/out
12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
camera zoom in/out slow/med/fast both bind as in/out
Career Officer
# 57
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
This bug could totally need more attention, its definitely one of the more annoying bugs that made it in this year.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Lieutenant
# 58
12-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by refar13 View Post
I have a similar issue. The same actually, just with other keys, that the OP mentioned. Seems to somehow be caused/affected by localization, since most of (maybe all) affected keys are some kinds of special characters - ?,?,? on my german keyboard for example.

Also the keys 1...0, CTRL+1...0, ALT+1...0 are reassigned to the tray 1..4 on every map change, no matter, what custom options i might have had for them.
Having basically the same issue. VERY frustrating.
Lieutenant
# 59
12-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Giving this a bump as there has be 4 thats right 4 PAGES of Bugs reported in 4 days still no Fix for this.

So Back to first page with you Hopefully we can start the Month of *Team Investigating* before we get the first broken Fix

Last edited by prechar; 12-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
12-17-2013, 07:20 AM
It's still happening to me, although not all the time for reasons I cannot determine. Usually I'll warp into a combat zone, attack something, and find my binds aren't working. It isn't even all my binds, just a select few; the keybind I made to reload my binds still works.