Lt. Commander
# 1 Why server is down and fixes
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
This downtime is a joke. Cryptic needs to post why the game crashed and what they will be doing to bring it back online. Without any explanation we are left wondering what, if anything, is being done, and when it will be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucideus
This downtime is a joke. Cryptic needs to post why the game crashed and what they will be doing to bring it back online. Without any explanation we are left wondering what, if anything, is being done, and when it will be resolved.
i disagree. i think it should go completely unaddressed and remain down for the rest of the evening, if not until the games release date.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarray
i disagree. i think it should go completely unaddressed and remain down for the rest of the evening, if not until the games release date.
I like you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Are you too good for the other 12 threads?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
None of us really cares why it's down, and frankly if they told us, we prolly wouldn't understand it, unless we're programers of some type.

And i doubt they can give a estimite of when it'll be back... complex computer programs can be tough to debug...

None of that makes this suck any less, but really, there's not alot that can be done about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Real question would be, "Who cares?"

It's a freaking game. Yeah, I paid for it, but I understand the mechanics thereof.

This is what the Good Lord invented Bourbon for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
I think there should also be a community based voting system in place so we can decide as a if one of the devs can go to the bathroom while the server is still down.

and we also need a webcam strapped to the head of the guy doing the work so we can look over his shoulder and post what we think hes doing wrong on the forums.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Cool story, bro.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
I think there should also be a community based voting system in place so we can decide as a if one of the devs can go to the bathroom while the server is still down.

and we also need a webcam strapped to the head of the guy doing the work so we can look over his shoulder and post what we think hes doing wrong on the forums.....
win

But if my boss hears about this thread, I will have to come out of my cubicle and hunt you down.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Actually, Maybe Cryptic is working with the Government..... They are using a fake Down time so that players will:

1. Feed the kids.

2. take a shower.

3. Get things done around your house hold that was previously put off due to " One sec! In a mission!! "

... God.. I knew I should of taken the blue pill......