Lt. Commander
You will have likely had a job where you had to do work, and that work won't always go smoothly. You'll have people who depended on you for something and for one reason or another you couldn't meet the expectations on the first go-around.

You may even get lucky enough to have your own business, and then you'll realize that money can be a factor in what you can accomplish with that business.

After experiencing these things first-hand, you'll be a little more forgiving and patient when you see someone else having trouble... yes, even when they were supposed to be doing something for YOU... even if you paid them already.

You'll let a lot more slide

(at least, we can all hope so)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen123 View Post
You will have likely had a job where you had to do work, and that work won't always go smoothly. You'll have people who depended on you for something and for one reason or another you couldn't meet the expectations on the first go-around.

You may even get lucky enough to have your own business, and then you'll realize that money can be a factor in what you can accomplish with that business.

After experiencing these things first-hand, you'll be a little more forgiving and patient when you see someone else having trouble... yes, even when they were supposed to be doing something for YOU... even if you paid them already.

Sir you are correct......but...what happens if this isn't your first job, or even your second, what if it is your third job in 7 years, will you let things slide then?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:

Amen to that!

I had to go to Canada (Quebec) for a job I had to do on a computer system. I was younger and eager to show the company what I could do... so I told them I'd have it done in one day. They asked if I was sure and I was like... yeah no problem. So I get there read to do the job only to realize all too late that everything was in French. I don't speak French. Needless to say it wasn't done on time. I spent another day up there in a hotel without packing extra clothing. So... lesson learned. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:

This isnt my job its my hobby, i EXPECT to be entertained the way i paid to be!

Some moron the other day in a post compared my job to be as important as a garbage pickup worker... lmao

I wonder if he thinks his family is garbage when I'm the one treating them at the hospital.

Oh and in my line of work, mistakes can cost someone's life WHICH I CAN'T MAKE hence I AM NOT FORGIVING!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_luck_pee-kard

Some moron the other day in a post compared my job to be as important as a garbage pickup worker... lmao

I wonder if he thinks his family is garbage when I'm the one treating them at the hospital.

Oh and in my line of work, mistakes can cost someone's life WHICH I CAN'T MAKE hence I AM NOT FORGIVING!
But if nature, people and companies did not make mistakes, or things didn't go wrong, then you would not have a job in the first place.... so it seems a little hypocritical to expect there never to be a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:

Jolly good for you!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:

Yeah with age you learn a little patience and understanding in most cases. The downtime is annoying but some people are just losing it.

I think most of the rage going on in the forums is a mixture of MMO addiction and immature people just looking to vent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowery
Yeah with age you learn a little patience and understanding in most cases. The downtime is annoying but some people are just losing it.

I think most of the rage going on in the forums is a mixture of MMO addiction and immature people just looking to vent.
I concur
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowery

There is a difference between patience and blindly letting people walk all over you. If you want to call getting taken advantage of "patience" go right ahead but once people figure out you are weak and they can do whatever they want to you you truly are worthless.........
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
i EXPECT to be entertained the way i paid to be!
Oh, I bet you say that to all the ladies...