Lt. Commander
# 11 Its Funny
01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
For all of us that started playing on the Head Start wont want to play their Connie Class once they get it because we will be so far ahead, why would you want to play a lower class ship, it wont be as powerful or full of the many slots of stuff that your current ship will have, I guess mine and many others will be sitting in the Space Dock collecting dust, like the relic that it is should be, its a useless item to offer.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Well that's the only reason I've been going around telling everyone Feb 2nd. I was thinking that was the earliest you could get your key... lucky bums :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
For all of us that started playing on the Head Start wont want to play their Connie Class once they get it because we will be so far ahead, why would you want to play a lower class ship, it wont be as powerful or full of the many slots of stuff that your current ship will have, I guess mine and many others will be sitting in the Space Dock collecting dust, like the relic that it is should be, its a useless item to offer.
Well, we all get three character slots.

I totally understand your point of view, mind you. It'll be quite a while before I make a second character, myself.

But I will, eventually. And that character will benefit from my preorder stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
You plan on playing only 1 character?

And it is useless if you like Nostalgia, or going into missions with new members of your fleet that are trying to get out of the starting gate.. you can jump into your early ship and show them the ropes.

Also it would be just cool exploring in the TOS ship. Plus with the extra engineering console on it, it is equivalent to a T2 ship (thogh the systems may not upgrade past the MK II stuff)

and if you want more difficult missions, take the ship in vs +3 or +4 or +5 enemies.. for Hardcore player, put in in +8 missions to see how good your skillz are.

Just jumping up into a better ship when available = easy mode.

Playing the game in a starter ship or T2 ship = challenge.

but to each their own on game play style.. I see a lot uf usefulness out of the T1 / T2 ships.. Sure I am going to get to lvl cap, but at least I have the choice to drop into a lower class vessel to give me a good challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Also got my connie allready, the store mailed the key just before headstart, tho I thought I was supposed to get it at that time :X.