Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I completely agree...

Lets take the only advantage the Klingons have and put their far inferior ships against the Federation because then it will be fair.

Also while we are at it can we disable all of their weapons too so that they can only attempt to ram us (which isnt implemented).

I think at least then these stupid threads about OP whining would stop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
There are many differences with the ships which I like, but Klingon ships do have a slight edge with cloak. As you can see below if these stats are still correct(which they could be totally different at the moment).

But the turn rate for the Exploration Class is another issue on its own.

Exploration Class Galaxy..

Hull: 32500
Crew: 1000
Device Slots: 4
Impulse Modifier: 15
Turn Rate: 5
4 Forwads 3 Rear weapon banks
2 Eng slots one Commander. 1 science and tact.

Vor'Cha Class

Hull: 21000
Crew: 1500
Device Slots: 3
Impulse Modifier: 15
Turn Rate: 10
4 Forwads 3 Rear weapon banks
2 Eng slots one Commander. 1 science and tact.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
There are many differences with the ships which I like, but Klingon ships do have a slight edge with cloak. As you can see below if these stats are still correct(which they could be totally different at the moment).

But the turn rate for the Exploration Class is another issue on its own.

Exploration Class Galaxy..

Hull: 32500
Crew: 1000
Device Slots: 4
Impulse Modifier: 15
Turn Rate: 5
4 Forwads 3 Rear weapon banks
2 Eng slots one Commander. 1 science and tact.

Vor'Cha Class

Hull: 21000
Crew: 1500
Device Slots: 3
Impulse Modifier: 15
Turn Rate: 10
4 Forwads 3 Rear weapon banks
2 Eng slots one Commander. 1 science and tact.
While everyone here agrees the turn rate for the Galaxy needs a boost. You do also see the fact that the Vor'cha is short by 11,500 Hull points right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
While everyone here agrees the turn rate for the Galaxy needs a boost. You do also see the fact that the Vor'cha is short by 11,500 Hull points right?
Most just want a 7 on the galaxy really.

The hull difference at that level is like having suvivability for one high yield torpedo volley. :-p It helps, but shields and the mobility to use all 4 sides of your shields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
While everyone here agrees the turn rate for the Galaxy needs a boost. You do also see the fact that the Vor'cha is short by 11,500 Hull points right?
I would think that rotating off a bad shield on a Vor'cha would make a significant difference, but ya, your right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
A klingon ship vs it's federation equivalent of equal player skill, captain skillpoints, and equipment will always 100% of the time have a federation ship win in a straight up, nose-to-nose brawl

Klingons sacrifice durability and an extra officer slot specifically for cloaking (on bird of prey).

This gives them a suprise attack advantage, nothing more. Even then you can't go into a group of federation enemies where their numbers are greater and expect to win, you'll get stomped.

In tier 1 pvp, klingons win more often than feds for a number of reasons.

First being klingon starter ships have pretty decent gear across the board, fed characters start at a lower level and their ships aren't as well equipped starting out, but they can get equal and even better gear than klingons canceling out this benefit.

Second, klingon is 100% PvP. Klingon players want to pvp, they love to pvp, and i'm pretty sure in most cases have experience PvPing in dozens of other games before this one. We don't pick the same bridge officers or abilities you do for pve, we pick and specialize in what works best for us in PVP.

The only single advantage of cloak is the fact you can go around in a stealthed gank squad and purposely single out and attack any federation ships that are not in groups, or in groups smaller than your attacking force. This lets us set the terms on when and where to fight, giving us a big advantage there. But if feds would actually cooperate with each other and stick together, it would be moot. It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, we can't attack federation ships if they outnumber us and expect to win unless they are undergeared or just bad players.

Most of the noobs I blow up in PVP lose because they just flat out don't know what they're doing. They don't reinforce damage shield sides, they use worthless powers like aux to weapons or tachyon beam or torpedo spread... Matter of fact I have a survivability tactic I developed during closed beta that has about a 95% chance of me surviving any encounter up to about 3 to 1 and escaping the fight altogether, but i'm hesitant to post it on the forums for such tactics to become mainstream just yet, i'm having too much fun absolutely annihilating the people who can't figure out how to play on their own and need to read a guide first.

PvP in this game isn't fundamentally much different than in any other game. If you run around like an idiot, solo, and try to kill enemies by yourself, you will die and cause your team to lose. If you stick with the group, move as a pack, and gank together, you will get many kills and win. That's another advantage of the PvP mentality most klingon players have, we stick together and only engage enemies by ourselves if THEY are by themselves.

And don't come back with any weak "well some feds know how to PVP too!" drivel because it doesn't matter. Statistics don't lie, most of my kills in any given warzone are me vs 1 or 2 ships.

If you want to not be massacred then don't pug with random players. Get ina pvp oriented fleet and get organized and then I garuntee you will win nearly every game because you'll tear through low durability klingon ships like toilet paper.

Cloak isn't the problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember


And don't come back with any weak "well some feds know how to PVP too!" drivel because it doesn't matter. Statistics don't lie, most of my kills in any given warzone are me vs 1 or 2 ships.

If you want to not be massacred then don't pug with random players. Get ina pvp oriented fleet and get organized and then I garuntee you will win nearly every game because you'll tear through low durability klingon ships like toilet paper.

Cloak isn't the problem.
truthfully if you want to have a good discussion you need to leave the "feds can't pvp" arguement at the door. The rest of it was decent except for the overbearing "you suck" attitude.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
truthfully if you want to have a good discussion you need to leave the "feds can't pvp" arguement at the door. The rest of it was decent except for the overbearing "you suck" attitude.
The federation could have the top 5 best PVPers in the entire world.

But it doesn't matter when 90% of their population aren't interested in PVP and do so in passing or just to try it out.

The average performance of a federation PUG will always be lower than the average performance of a klingon PUG. That's all i'm sayin'. Klingons are too specialized, having ONLY PvP content even the people who aren't good at it will get better quickly or quit playing.

Another disadvantage for feds in Tier 1 PVP is the fact that Ensign-level tactical blows. High Yield Torpedo is the only ability worth taking there and even it isn't that great.

I personally chose to skip tactical altogether and elected to instead run with 2 engineers 1 science, or 2 science 1 engineer depending on the situation.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM.