Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Although I realize that downtime in the early days of an mmo is unavoidable it is annoying that they cant just reboot the servers and apply the fix there working on at the next scheduled. What is it now 5-6 hours of downtime, sorry but the op is correct it really isn't good enough I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaDark View Post
Meh, Downtime is a way of life for MMOs. As they get older, they manage to keep it to a minimum and to a schedule.

I, for one, still see it as a game, and am used to the realities of MMOs.
Oh please, spare me the way of life stuff, if I, and people like me, dont complain things will never improve.

You carry on in your comfy little world of apathy, I will carry on keeping these devs on their toes, ensuring that you, and the rest of us, get value for money.

If no one bothers to send the rubbish food back, the chef will continue to send out rubbish food, it aint rocket science.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
Come on now this is actual "paid for" time we are losing. It simply is not good enough, not by a long stretch. This mmo has gone down the path of all the rest of them in the early days, it must have been avoidable.

Head start? Don't make me laugh. Damn mmo's are a law unto themselves, refund not allowed. Its criminal!
You're complaining about the headstart that Cryptic gave you for free for pre-ordering. Yeah, there's some issues, but if you've played WoW at ALL during it's inception... this is smooth sailing. The servers kept crashing and you had to wait in hella long queues to get in. A little rubber banding and some bugs here and there. We've not yet gotten to play what we "paid for", that won't start until release. And just a FYI for future reference, IF YOU BUY ANYTHING, PLAY ANYTHING, ETC. BEFORE OR JUST AFTER IT COMES OUT, THERE WILL BE ISSUES TO WORK OUT.

When the iPhone came out, it had it's issues. When plasma and LCD TVs came out, they had their issues. It WILL happen. Get over it please.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Funny, i was surprised not to meet one bug in the about 14 hours of gametime ive had so far in STO, and only a few strange 2 mins long loadtimes, comparred to other MMOs they are doing fantastic so far. Why dont you pass time eating unhealthy food to calm your negative emotions untill the server comes back up and you can forget your your real "life" agin
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
You ain't paying for **** right now. Come the 2nd, you ain't paying for ****. When your CC/Debit card is billed 14.99, your paying for it. So until then shut the **** up, and cry in a corner or quit.
Your mother must be so proud of you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Frankly, I don't know why anyone's complaining about this.

We were all praying for STOL Open Beta to stay open when the 26th came around. We went through a couple days of withdrawal between the close of OB and the beginning of HS.

Well? Now HS is here, and we've got OB back!!!!! We're back where we were a few days ago... except without all our Lt. Cmdr. or better ships and equipment.

I mean, come ON. Be happy and thrilled! Lots of the missions that were bugged in beta are still bugged and have yet to be fixed. Lag is still going on. "Server Not Responding" messages are still coming up. Disconnects are still going on. "Emergency Downtime" still happens.

It's like coming home again - only to find that someone's nipped in and pinched all the furniture and the dog's been ill on the carpet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
Oh please, spare me the way of life stuff, if I, and people like me, dont complain things will never improve.

You carry on in your comfy little world of apathy, I will carry on keeping these devs on their toes, ensuring that you, and the rest of us, get value for money.

If no one bothers to send the rubbish food back, the chef will continue to send out rubbish food, it aint rocket science.
you dont really deserve my attention, but this is simply too lame, you say other people live in a small world, you have no faith, trust or optimism, thats living in a small world if there is one, sure! your negative herassment is what makes the world spinn, your one littel god, complain like a littel spoiled child and mommy brings your cookies so you dont have to cry.

your coment might aswell make the Devs think. "thouse ungreatfull littel fat selfrigtious nolifers dont deserve my hard work. lets make somthing that looks good but is rotten and empty inside just like they are, they dont deserve better".
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfeather View Post
Funny, i was surprised not to meet one bug in the about 14 hours of gametime ive had so far in STO, and only a few strange 2 mins long loadtimes, comparred to other MMOs they are doing fantastic so far. Why dont you pass time eating unhealthy food to calm your negative emotions untill the server comes back up and you can forget your your real "life" agin
Oh so sorry, the hours and hours of downtime are not exactly bugs are they? I dont recall mentioning bugs at all, perhaps you need to borrow the family brain cell to help you read properly.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
You ain't paying for **** right now. Come the 2nd, you ain't paying for ****. When your CC/Debit card is billed 14.99, your paying for it. So until then shut the **** up, and cry in a corner or quit.
Atari charged my credit card the second I pre-ordered. That means that technically I had already payed about $60 to be a beta tester.

I was a paying customer long before Head Start, thank you so very much.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone complaining of server downtime in a MMO needs to stop playing MMO's and instead play solitaire.