Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
So what ever happened to the Achilles? It played a roll in the Dominion war but seems to be forgotten about. Am I the only one who wants this ship in the game? I think it should of been added instead of the avenger.
Rihannsu
# 2
11-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Not a canon ship. Cryptic can't use it since it is owned by Gizmo Games/Simon and Schuster.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Commander
# 3
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
We should get a ship 'inspired by' this one... I have not seen a ship (until now) that had a pointed-Delta shape that I liked the look of. This one I like...
Ensign
# 4
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Lame, I really liked that ship.
Ensign
# 5
11-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I think maybe the Avenger was partly inspired bu the Achilles. Its a close look, the fleet version more so. But The Intrepid look added to it really took away from it I think. Needed to be more linear. Ah well, maybe we might get one close to it one day.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Currently, the closest design we have in-game to the Achilles, would be a mixture of Star Cruiser parts. Though, far from exact, it may work for you if that's the look you're going for.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Currently, the closest design we have in-game to the Achilles, would be a mixture of Star Cruiser parts. Though, far from exact, it may work for you if that's the look you're going for.
What would be cool is if there was an Achilles/K'vort hybrid cross faction ship that both sides can buy lol
Career Officer
# 8
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
btw, welcome to STO!
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 9
11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
That is better than nothing, I suppose. Still, I fail to see why more effort could be made to make more designs that are similar enough to be reminiscent of ships seen in other games, yet different enough to not cause a "copyright infringement".
Captain
# 10
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
That is better than nothing, I suppose. Still, I fail to see why more effort could be made to make more designs that are similar enough to be reminiscent of ships seen in other games, yet different enough to not cause a "copyright infringement".
Because doing something like that would require Cryptic walking a very fine line and could hurt them in the long run. Some game company that is hurting for money could sue Cryptic for using a ship that is similar to their ship. So either Cryptic has to get their permission for using a ship similar to it or just not bother with getting into that mess.