Lt. Commander
# 1 A 20 Million dollar bonus...
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I heard this somewhere, that cryptic is getting a 20 million dollar bonus for getting this out on time from atari. I could be wrong, please correct me if that is the case.

I think sitting here hating on cryptic because they cannot seem to get their act together is pointless...I believe the group/company that needs to hear about this patheitc situation is the one holding the leash, or be it in this case a 20 million dollar check. My suggestion would be to flood Atari with disatsifaction emails...I can assure you that Cryptic may change their tune, if they feel their payday may be in jeopardy due a missed successful launch.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Someone made reference to this number in the Open Beta forum. No substantiation was provided.

It could be true, or it could be total ROMA data. I'm leaning towards the latter at this point.

As for flooding Atari, that will not accomplish your goal of better game development. IF Atari decides to action on such a thing, the most likely response would be an ill conceived and sudden change which will make things even WORSE.

Remember it can ALWAYS be worse.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
No offense but for 20 million bucks I would personally give each and every person here the finger.

Guess I'm more like my avatar pic everyday
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemPhoenix
No offense but for 20 million bucks I would personally give each and every person here the finger.

QFT, I would be right there with you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibe-r-us
I heard this somewhere, that cryptic is getting a 20 million dollar bonus for getting this out on time from atari. I could be wrong, please correct me if that is the case.

I think sitting here hating on cryptic because they cannot seem to get their act together is pointless...I believe the group/company that needs to hear about this patheitc situation is the one holding the leash, or be it in this case a 20 million dollar check. My suggestion would be to flood Atari with disatsifaction emails...I can assure you that Cryptic may change their tune, if they feel their payday may be in jeopardy due a missed successful launch.

Just a thought.
You heard somewhere? That is about as asinine of a statement as I have ever heard. Who told you this, your buddy next door? Without proof you are barking up a tree and there is no squirrel up there. ROFL. Show the proof and it better be valid, not something out of facebook. Doh
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemPhoenix

LMFAO!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLord View Post
You heard somewhere? That is about as asinine of a statement as I have ever heard. Who told you this, your buddy next door? Without proof you are barking up a tree and there is no squirrel up there. ROFL. Show the proof and it better be valid, not something out of facebook. Doh
Actually, you may want to turn the douchenozzle down a little bit. This "rumor" was started during the OB in these very forums. Whether or not there is any truth to it is... well, for anyone to find out. I'm of the mindset that Cryptic is in the business of making games and they have the daunting task of making games that not only make them money, but their string-pulling publisher (Atari) money as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
A quick google search and you can find information about this bonus directly from Atari
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 03:31 PM
I really do not understand why we need a post about this?

A corporation out to make money??? not exactly ground breaking news there.....

And it is also non of our business...

I hope it is true and that cryptic gets their bonus.... Well done guys, now buy me something nice
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksty
I really do not understand why we need a post about this?

A corporation out to make money??? not exactly ground breaking news there.....

And it is also non of our business...

I hope it is true and that cryptic gets their bonus.... Well done guys, now buy me something nice
I think what the OP was saying is that maybe they rushed to get the game out to meet their deadline so that they would get the bonus... A corporation is definitely untitled to make money, but that same corporation must give a product that works...