Ensign
# 1 Didn't this used to be a game?
11-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I only ask because, the last time I checked, a game was about being entertained, challenging the intellect or body and enjoying free time with friends. I don't remember the last time me or my last remaining friend playing this game actually enjoyed it. It's time to move on. And no, not only can you not have my stuff, I actually deep sixed all of it and deleted my toons so that no one could, and I wouldn't be tempted to log into this 'game' ever again.

Tempted. That's the word that runs this 'game'. Everything is about tempting you to spend, spend, spend. Services and just basic QoL functions that a reputable company would not have made a monetary issue of. Bridge officer slots that cost twice what an entire character slot cost? For EACH character? With this latest 'expansion' I completed the entire thing in less than a single hour. Less than an hour. And what impression was left from it? Disgust.

It's as though the people playing this game have forgotten that normally, an employer pays YOU to work for them. We seem to be paying an employer for the right to have a tedious, soul sucking and thankless job that now, as of season 8, requires us to be at our position a full 24/7 if we wish to progress meaningfully. Yet more locked content behind the perverse and morally bankrupt reputation/fleet system.

No thanks guys. I should thank you. I hung on desperately to this abortion for two years now because it was the last gasp of the Star Trek I grew up with. But this season 8 abomination just finally, finally offered me a moment of clarity. There is nothing meaningfully left of Trek in this game. It's kind of shocking how far afield this online failure has gone into the swamp of greed and filth, and how awful this , sad, predatory, perverse job that I and god knows how many other suckers were paying YOU to permit me to work at. I'm actually so very, very glad you've finally broken the camel's back with your soulless, reckless, and unrestrained greed.

So in closing, I have the number of an excellent therapist for those of you whose mental disabilities and various disorders compel you to continue to log in to this nightmare, so far gone you don't even realize what it is or what it makes you. I'd be happy to offer it, but I won't be checking this account anymore.

It is my desperate hope that the Intellectual Property License will be seized from Cryptic and that it can be eventually cleaned of the foulness that their studios has imprinted it with. Until then, I think I'll move on to another, better, MMO. Which, from where I'm sitting, is pretty much all of them.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
After toying with this season I've felt the same. I really like season 7 but this is so boring and again just a grind with no real missions or story. My play time is dropping off as well. It's not fun. It's beautiful graphically but...
Captain
# 3
11-14-2013, 09:18 PM
can you mail me your stuff before you go?
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I for one am willing to allow Cryptic a chance to fix our objections to season 8.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
challenging the intellect
*snickersnort* Bwahahahahahaaha....
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Career Officer
# 6
11-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
can you mail me your stuff before you go?
Can't you read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmoloch99 View Post
And no, not only can you not have my stuff, I actually deep sixed all of it and deleted my toons so that no one could, and I wouldn't be tempted to log into this 'game' ever again.
Ensign
# 7
11-15-2013, 02:16 AM
OP you are literally borderline insane. Like in mentally insane.

Telling people they need a doctor because they like a game that you dont? Are you seriously kidding me? WOW. Very very glad you are gone.
Rihannsu
# 8
11-15-2013, 02:19 AM
So the OP enjoyed the game until he no longer enjoyed it, and just before leaving decided that anyone else who still enjoys it has mental problems.

so long troll. I wonder what will happen when he gets bored of the next MMO trying to get his money?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Check me on this. His join date lists October of this year and the Op has four posts. But has been here two years. But last month was the very first time he ever needed to read or say anything on the forums? Just to quit?
Career Officer
# 10
11-15-2013, 02:40 AM
ROFLMAO, OP the only one who needs a therapist around here is you. In fact I would go so far as to say Cryptic should forward your details to your local health authority so they can do an immediate check for your own welfare, in the meantime goodbye and good riddance!
Closed Thread