Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
I just purchased a Romulan bridge officer from my fleet embassy under my Fereration character. I then went to modify the character at the tailer and it will not let me. Is this normal?? I have no problem modifying my Orion bridge officer i purchased for my Fed character so figured there wouldn't be a problem for a Romulan bridge officer. Anyone else experienceing this. Trying to figure out if its just a bug or if u really can't modify the officer. Thanks
Career Officer
# 2
11-06-2013, 01:21 AM
It's normal, you can't change Embassy boff's clothing.
Exploding in a massive ball of fire and wreckage since 2012.
Ensign
# 3
11-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Look at it like this, for all of DS9 Major Kira was the first officer of DS9 and she wore the Bajoran uniform the whole time.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Commander
# 5
11-07-2013, 04:38 AM
I wish we could at least have the option to put them in something else romulan perhaps. Nothing like seeing my entire bridge crew in fancy matching uniforms, then next to them the romulan in his patchwork green jacket >.>
Captain
# 6
11-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikearoo View Post
I wish we could at least have the option to put them in something else romulan perhaps. Nothing like seeing my entire bridge crew in fancy matching uniforms, then next to them the romulan in his patchwork green jacket >.>
Same with the Breen BOFF or Jem'hadar BOFF you can pick up currently. Can't put them in the same uniform. So for my rom tac, I gave everybody a different outfit.
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Varanus)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Commander
# 7
11-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Well as an option you can always trade the Rom Boff. Train it in an ability you could not do yourself. Then trade it back. You now have a Rom boff that's invisible above the waist. Although you will see floating hands, eyes and ears.

Yup this still hasn't been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Look at it like this, for all of DS9 Major Kira was the first officer of DS9 and she wore the Bajoran uniform the whole time.
Hahaha good one!
Major Kira also had a double-dose of that stubborn DOff trait...
"Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
- Scotty, to La Forge
Rihannsu
# 9
11-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
Well as an option you can always trade the Rom Boff. Train it in an ability you could not do yourself. Then trade it back. You now have a Rom boff that's invisible above the waist. Although you will see floating hands, eyes and ears.

Yup this still hasn't been fixed.
Sometimes the BOFF just loses their hair after a trade.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswillie View Post
I just purchased a Romulan bridge officer from my fleet embassy under my Fereration character. I then went to modify the character at the tailer and it will not let me. Is this normal?? I have no problem modifying my Orion bridge officer i purchased for my Fed character so figured there wouldn't be a problem for a Romulan bridge officer. Anyone else experienceing this. Trying to figure out if its just a bug or if u really can't modify the officer. Thanks
They are all clones too! :-P My Sci Rommy and Tac Rommy are identical twins or clones or some strange scientific experiment in genetics.
"USS Enterprise, shakedown cruise report. I think this new ship was put together by monkeys. Oh, she's got a fine engine, but half the doors won't open, and guess whose job it is to make it right." - Scotty