Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
People need to stop calling this launch. The game doesn't launch until Tuesday when the unwashed masses can buy it in retail stores.

That's when the real server tests begin.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltAdmiralZander View Post
I respect all of your opinions. All Im saying is if Im going to pay over 300 dollars to play a game then I do expect to play the game. After the issues with Open Beta this matter should have been resolved already or atleast to a point that it doesnt take hours for the game to be up again. I enjoy this game very much... when the server is actually up. Frankly Im surprised that any glitch or bug can be fixed, it just seems the game is not working more than it is. After open and the issues with that this should have been resolved.

This is most liekly the last time I come to this particular thread and I will not be making any further comments to anyone here or about the game. I was just simply venting my frustration.
I bought the lifetime subscription, a standard copy of the game, a CE copy of the game, and a DDE copy of the game.

That's over $400.

Now shut the **** up.

What?

That doesn't work?

Apparently you think the amount you spent entitles you to get things your way. I paid more. By your logic you should do what I say, right?

This is day two of an MMO release, and not even the retail release. Expect the occasional outage for the next few months. The only problem here is your unrealistic expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
I bought the lifetime subscription, a standard copy of the game, a CE copy of the game, and a DDE copy of the game.

That's over $400.

Now shut the **** up.

What?

That doesn't work?

Apparently you think the amount you spent entitles you to get things your way. I paid more. By your logic you should do what I say, right?

This is day two of an MMO release, and not even the retail release. Expect the occasional outage for the next few months. The only problem here is your unrealistic expectations.
Not really imbecile. His money entitles him to at least play the game, which obviously he can't.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Making a major donation to Cryptic was your decision... whether that donation was worth it or wasted is the responsibility of people who will never read these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Truer words have never been said. People need to just calm down and understand that this is just how it works sometimes. There seems to be an entire generation of Redbull chugging, go-go spaztoids that can't sit still for more than 5 minutes. Calm down, take a deep breath, everything will be ok. Maybe put on Dark Side of the Moon and practice your breathing lessons or something, I dunno.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
I am almost to the point of demanding my money back. Not just the 240 for the lifetime but at least 40 for my CE of the game. I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.

WAKE UP Cryptic this is STAR TREK not some stupid game like Champions or City of Heros. You should have been prepared for the 40 years of fan base for this game from DAY 1. It is completely unacceptable and asinine on your part to have even thought any other way.
Did you play WoW when it launched? The first day was actually far worse then this. I was there from CB/OB and from launch. It was terrible. They got it alls squared away, now look at their success.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
I am almost to the point of demanding my money back. Not just the 240 for the lifetime but at least 40 for my CE of the game. I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.

WAKE UP Cryptic this is STAR TREK not some stupid game like Champions or City of Heros. You should have been prepared for the 40 years of fan base for this game from DAY 1. It is completely unacceptable and asinine on your part to have even thought any other way.
You think this is bad?Wait till tuesday night.That is going to be a disaster.Just relax and in a week or so,thing will be rolling along very well,and in a month this game is going to be running very smooth.The magic of MMO's,they are like a fine wine,they get better with time.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.
I have...WoW, ***, Darkfall to name a few....
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
I have...WoW, ***, Darkfall to name a few....
If WoW's a failure then STO doesn't even exist.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro2k4
If WoW's a failure then STO doesn't even exist.
WoW's launch was worse than STOs - yet it survived...