Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
Hey everybody,

I've noticed this for a while now, dont know if its a bug or working as intended. It's been doing it since before S8 so i dont think thats an issue.

-Put torpedo launchers on autofire
-star firing on target while it is out of torpedos arc (broadsiding for example)
-torpedo icon will start to pulse
-activate torpedo: high yield or torpedo: spread (30 sec timer will show up on torpedo icon)
-torpedo is still pulsing, has a timer and target still outside of its firing arc
-target enters firing arc of torpedo
-high yield/spread does not fire and normal torpedo does not fire
-torpedo launcher goes on 6-8 second cooldown (probably its normal cooldown)
-high yield and spread timer are still counting down
-you can do this multiple times if after previous step the target moves out of the firing arc and back in
-after the 6-8 second cooldown is finished (but the high yield and spread timer are still ticking) turn the firing arc back towards the target and it may go on cooldown again and not fire.

That is what i'm seeing...Right now i'm using a regular plasma XII torpedo launcher if that makes a difference. I think its happened to me too on a quantum torpedo launcher.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I've noticed this for a while now. I reported it a while ago, too.

At first I noticed it with the Temporal Disruption Device, which I have mounted on the rear. Trigger HY, do my fore shooting, turn to get the torpedo's arc on target, and sometimes it "skip" fires--the cooldown begins but no torpedo is fired. The HY overlay still shows on torpedo icon. The torpedo is definitely NOT on CD, since this happens even on the first cube in ISE, etc. And it occurs whether the torpedo is set to auto-fire or not.

I've also been toying with rear-mounting the Gravimetric Photon torpedo next to the Temporal Disruption Device (HY/TS), and when it happens BOTH torpedoes skip fire. I have the Grav set to auto fire and the Temp set to manual, and they both go into CD instead of firing/being available to fire.

Really, really, really annoying bug.
Captain
# 3
12-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Most often what I get is first torpedo that should have fired starts a normal cd timer, than after that timer expires it fires the torpedo it should have fired the first time before the cd timer.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Republic Veteran
# 4
12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I reported this as a bug about 10 days ago. I will activate HYIII, but nothing fires. The torp goes into cooldown as if something has been fired, but there is no graphical representation of the torpedo nor is there any damage after several seconds. I am seeing something similar with Torp Spread. Often times I will fire it and only 2 torps will be produced while using the Romulan Hyper torp. It sometimes works and produces 6 torpedoes, but about half the time it bugs.
# 5
12-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Oh god, now i know y high yield 3 was acting so weird. At first i thought there is a limit of time between torpedo high yield attacks that resets if you dont use high yield for a while. So if you activate high yield but u dont use it for, lets say 30 seconds, then you need to activate it again.

And what i dont understand is why we cant shot 2 torpedos one after another.. happens to me i have 2 torpedo launchers aft and i can only fire one of em and after the cooldown the other one. Its curious because if i use high yield or torpedo spread, i can fire the first high yield torpedo and after that the second normal torpedo. But not on the contrary. At first i thought it was cuz i didnt have enough weapons power, but i tried already with the weapon power maxed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-27-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm noticing this as well on my torp boat. HY or TS activates and none of the torpedoes would fire. I'd have to manually fire all torpedoes before it starts going into autofire but as soon as I change targets it bugs out again.