Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I pre-ordered thinking that at launch I could use the items I paid for at pre-order. I'm now feeling like this jump start is a complete waste of time because I can't use my Trill character, my borg character, or any of the other neat items I PAID to receive at the start of the game. Instead I need to wait until tuesday to use them?

WHY?

People are talking about a smooth launch. It's a smooth relaunch of the beta- missing all the things we have now paid money for and no one will comment on why or who failed to realize this would make people angry. WHY did I pre-order. What was the point if I can't use theitems I was promised.

-Signed Angry User who feels like he has been cheated and wasted his money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
This is typical for any MMO. Your items are tied to your retail key. You get them when you get your retail box. You are getting exactly what you paid for. You paid for the ability to use these items during launch. Head start is to let players get a jump on playing the game.

If you wish to wait to get your bridge officer, or to create a special race, then you are giving up one preorder bonus (headstart) for another preorder bonus.

Sure it sucks, but complaining on the forums isn't going to open a time rift and get your retail box here any sooner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
well lets just see if I recall pre-ordering allowed you to play in open beta and head start. you got to play in open beta and head start, so what exactly do you think you were jipped out of? the bonus items when you buy the game, are (as has been stated billions of times) are available when you actually have the game, since the game will be released tuesday, then the items you will get with the game, will be available then. how is this difficult to understand? perhaps some remedial reading comprehension?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:03 PM
There are good reasons to attach the pre-order bonuses to the retail keys. It would be pointless attaching the items to the headstart keys because then they could cancel the order and order from somewhere else to get a second item for free.

You are buying the licence to play the game, that licence is proven with the retail key. The items are attached to that licence. MMO's do it exactly the same way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Mitterak
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I pre-ordered thinking that at launch I could use the items I paid for at pre-order. I'm now feeling like this jump start is a complete waste of time because I can't use my Trill character, my borg character, or any of the other neat items I PAID to receive at the start of the game. Instead I need to wait until tuesday to use them?

WHY?

People are talking about a smooth launch. It's a smooth relaunch of the beta- missing all the things we have now paid money for and no one will comment on why or who failed to realize this would make people angry. WHY did I pre-order. What was the point if I can't use theitems I was promised.

-Signed Angry User who feels like he has been cheated and wasted his money.
The key phrase here is "at launch". The game hasn't launched yet. It launches Tuesday. This is just a head start for those who preordered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Mitterak
-Signed Angry User who feels like he has been cheated and wasted his money.
Of course you feel cheated. You feel this overbearing sense of entitlement which somehow makes you think that you deserve things when they logically don't apply to your situation. Did you even think about why you didnt get the items? or did you just assume that cryptic was out to swindle you!?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
I also expected to be able to make my trill for headstart, retailers know they are offering headstart for preordering there for should send the keys when the headstart starts
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Wow a lot of flames, the OP was a little dramatic but still see his point.

I pre ordered from Amazon for my BO since I knew none of the stuff would work in the head start and didn't want to treat the character I was building as another Beta version that I would have to delete due to items being useless by the time I could apply them to my character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgattor3
I also expected to be able to make my trill for headstart, retailers know they are offering headstart for preordering there for should send the keys when the headstart starts
its got nothing to do with the retailers. cryptics coding dictates to which keys the items are attached to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
its got nothing to do with the retailers. cryptics coding dictates to which keys the items are attached to.
Which are then provided to you by the retailer
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.