Lt. Commander
i just wanted to point out some issues to the general public on some comments made:

1. this is live and I'm Paying good morning for this product!

No actually your Not.. this is a free period offered to those who were thoughtful enough to preorder the game. your subscription time is not counted during this time. Cryptic isn't required or Have to offer a head start Period.

2. Why wasn't all this fixed in beta?!?!

because the Time between the close of Beta and the beginning of headstart was used for major patching issues, as well as correcting or tweeking different minor Issues. as well as adding other missing or needed Features to the game. And until users on a large number can log into the Game the Devs simply wont know how things may interact completely.

3. Why do we still have so much down time?!?!

because as mentioned there are simply issues that cant be found and fixed until your average user is put into the mix. and sometimes the grid has to be taken down or goes offline simply to prevent damage to the game, its servers, or more importantly, the users computer. there ahve been SOme MMOS that in there first weeks had nearly as much down time as they were online.. and we thank those like Second Life, Everquest, Starwars Galaxies, and the ever popular World of ********. that have come before and actually helped smothed out the MMO launching process

4. Why don't We Have An ETA on the server Coming back up

A. Have to locate the issue that caused the crash
B. have to repeat the Issue
C. have to find the coding the covers the problem area
D. have to fix or rewrite Said Code

all this takes time, Skill, and sometimes a bit of luck simply to accomplish those Steps.

These are just my responses from my experience with over 15 years of MMOS
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Is this crying about crying? Why do you feel the need to explain these things to children?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsgrace View Post
i just wanted to point out some issues to the general public on some comments made:

1. this is live and I'm Paying good morning for this product!

No actually your Not.. this is a free period offered to those who were thoughtful enough to preorder the game. your subscription time is not counted during this time. Cryptic isn't required or Have to offer a head start Period.

2. Why wasn't all this fixed in beta?!?!

because the Time between the close of Beta and the beginning of headstart was used for major patching issues, as well as correcting or tweeking different minor Issues. as well as adding other missing or needed Features to the game. And until users on a large number can log into the Game the Devs simply wont know how things may interact completely.

3. Why do we still have so much down time?!?!

because as mentioned there are simply issues that cant be found and fixed until your average user is put into the mix. and sometimes the grid has to be taken down or goes offline simply to prevent damage to the game, its servers, or more importantly, the users computer. there ahve been SOme MMOS that in there first weeks had nearly as much down time as they were online.. and we thank those like Second Life, Everquest, Starwars Galaxies, and the ever popular World of ********. that have come before and actually helped smothed out the MMO launching process

4. Why don't We Have An ETA on the server Coming back up

A. Have to locate the issue that caused the crash
B. have to repeat the Issue
C. have to find the coding the covers the problem area
D. have to fix or rewrite Said Code

all this takes time, Skill, and sometimes a bit of luck simply to accomplish those Steps.

These are just my responses from my experience with over 15 years of MMOS

!. bingo..what part of paid to preorder the game do you not understand? most of us here wouldnt have bothered to preorder if there was no headstart or it wasnt REQUIRED to be in open beta unless you was lucky enough to have a key.

2. if soo much major work was done in beta, why do i see most major bugs still in game that I reported personally along with others?

3. we have soo much downtime because cryptic and atari decided to bring an MMO to the market 2 yrs to early and relied on thier "tried and true" server to handle it and it isnt so far.

4. This one you got right, there truely is no way to know how long its gonna take to bring a server back up when you didnt built it for the game its running you just changed the graphics and such.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Ummm Why are you writing this and not Cryptic?

Cryptic has a half-ass-backed product called Champions Online which is set in the $$$ universe, even though the membership is failing they decided to appease the masses by making them pay for some extra end-game play time in form PAID EXPENSION and by EXPANSION they mean of small MAP addon.

So yeah I didn't expect miracles with this game.

At least it's not **** launch window where every server was dead or you got stuck in 50 min wait que since the servers were swampped with golf farmers attempting to meet the future demand.

But in ALL HONESTY this is a major fcking Early BETA!!!! This is nowhere near a finished product. I mean even now after endless reports of characters finding themselves outside of the ship when spawning and then falling down in space, or spawning as a ship on the away missions or even in the ship but still falling in space uanble to do anything, those errors still persist.
I just had to log out and log in in order to get back into the ship.

CRYPTIC YOU HAVE 3 DAYS UNTIL THE GAME GOES LIVE! If you expect to release this as LIVE then GOOD LUCK with people trying to keep their lifetime subs.