Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Sorry lifers, if Headstart is any indication, you'll lose money on the deal, because the game will shut before you get your money's worth, due to severe instability and poor software quality control.

It wouldn't be the first time that happened. And Atari seems so money-centered, they likely will shut it down too soon rather than not make enough money.

Come on Cryptic, despite the bustin on you, I want this game to work. Its got a lot of rough spots in the mechanics, the instanced adventures get a bit monotonous, but its Trek, and that means somethign to us Trek fans!

God help you on 2/2 when a lot of first time MMO'ers get here and the system collapses again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah TC, taking the servers offline in Headstart is WAY worse than taking them down on launch-week.

They should wait until everyone's here to fix stuff, why fix it for us?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
That is what Im afraid of, what will happen this Tuesday when everyone else gets on. This is like the 4th or 5th time it crashed today, I dont know whats going on and the Devs not saying anything. I rather have the whole thing brought down for a day so it can be fixed, than having it crash every 2 hours or so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah I don't even know if I should even bother trying to login on Tuesday or Wednesday. I know there is gonna be a ton of downtime. Its even possible that the entire opening day is gonna be one big downtime, that has happened with other MMO's but their names escape me as of right now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
Yeah TC, taking the servers offline in Headstart is WAY worse than taking them down on launch-week.

They should wait until everyone's here to fix stuff, why fix it for us?
Youre assuming that they're FIXING stuff and its not crashing. Still, i'll be here when it gets back up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
2/2 will not be any worse than this weekend was. This game does not have millions of players like a WoW, I imagine the majority preordered the game and have been playing on their weekend off during this headstart. If anything I expect 2/2 to be smoother since it'll be a weekday and the more "mature" crowd STO attracts will be busy with both work and school.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
All I know is, they know it has issues...and they're getting paid to fix them.

CONSTRUCT ADDITONAL BANDWIDTHS
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Heh heh heh....He said massive load.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
must be his first mmo launch...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
All I know is, they know it has issues...and they're getting paid to fix them.

CONSTRUCT ADDITONAL BANDWIDTHS
Your Collective has reached its maximuim bandwidth :p

I agree, but they can at least make post telling us whats going on.

[Sorry for any bad spelling I suck at it ]