Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Outage: Jan 30 2010
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry to say this but I find it unacceptable that not one person from Cryptic has given its customer base word about this current server outage. I completely expect the servers to go down and I'm fine with this happening. I suggest you hire more people on for the night shift as there has not been a "Dev Post" since 7:30pm PT today.

Another thing that amazes me is that you don't seem to have 1 employee playing the game and noticed that the server went down and informed someone that the server was down and that a post needed to be made.

Over an hour without a notice from your customer support staff is not good.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi guys, the servers are down. We're working on it.

There you go TC, that was my impression of Cryptic. Now, I hope you're informed about the outage now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
server crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSWasabi
I'm sorry to say this but I find it unacceptable that not one person from Cryptic has given its customer base word about this current server outage. I completely expect the servers to go down and I'm fine with this happening. I suggest you hire more people on for night shift as there has not been a "Dev Post" since 7:30pm PT.

Another thing that amazes me is that you don't seem to have 1 employee playing the game and noticed that the server went down and informed someone that the server was down and that a post needed to be made.

Over an hour without a notice from your customer support staff is not good.
Iím not defending Cryptic in any way here, but Iím sure they know itís down. Why no explanation has been given is also surprising, they usually post them right away, but maybe only one guy is working the night shift lol. Who knows?
Lt. Commander
# 5
My guess is the cleaning crew came in and unplug the server again. Guess they need to post a sign that says

Por favor, no desconecte el servidor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
I agree with the OP. A paragraph of acknowledgment and a paragraph every half hour or so while it's down would mean a lot. The secrecy is leading to speculation and people without knowledge will always assume the worst.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, my login screen says the server is up, but I keep timing out on the connection.

Cryptic is using the same login server for both Champs and STO... I'm wondering if penny-pinching is costing them some customers here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
i could understand no word if it was only gonna be down for a couple minutes and they were dedicating their time to fixing it but its been down for a while so some explanation would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Though I agree that it is unusual that they have not posted about the servers being down, I don't fault them for it. We have gotten far too accustomed to the good response time and customer service.

Before you start flaming me for calling this service "good" Compare Cryptic to others like EA, and NCsoft who have little to no customer service, or very slow response times.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT.Hamilton View Post
i could understand no word if it was only gonna be down for a couple minutes and they were dedicating their time to fixing it but its been down for a while so some explanation would be nice
Typically the person who would post is not the same person who would be doing CPR on the hamster that died.

Game Masters != Server OPS