Lt. Commander
# 1 General question
01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Ive never understood this:
Way back when the battle of Wolf 359 happened, that was one cube right? One cube destroyed that whole fleet right at the doorstep to Earth?
There are thousands... THOUSANDS of cubes. Hundreds of thousands of cubes, maybe millions. What the hell is stopping them from opening a transwarp conduit to earth and pouring through a few thousand cubes? Or did they somehow forget where Earth is? Or forget how to build that type of cube?
BIG plot hole Ive never understood
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
the tribbles ate it ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Some possible theories...

1. They know that if they all came through at once, the server would crash, and that would end their invasion.

2. Sulu is at Earth Starbase, and even the Borg can't find Sulu.

3. The transwarp button on their hotbar is still on cooldown from the last time they used it.

Al
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
Some possible theories...

1. They know that if they all came through at once, the server would crash, and that would end their invasion.

2. Sulu is at Earth Starbase, and even the Borg can't find Sulu.

3. The transwarp button on their hotbar is still on cooldown from the last time they used it.

Al
4. The transwarp button disappeared from their UI after they leveled up by assimilating the same planet 20 times
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
My Possible theory is that the Borg are in no particular hurry. They are expanding at their own pace. The few cubes they sent through to attack the Federation were probing maneuvers serving a particular purpose: testing the enemies defenses, strength and weaknesses.

The time may yet come when the Borg finally reach the boarders of the Federation in overwhelming force. May that time be when the Alpha and Beta Quadrants come together to fight together for their very survival.

Really though... that would be fun as heck to fight a couple of very difficult Borg tactical cubes in an open fleet battle consisting Federation & Klingon ships tagged as allies not enemies like in the End Beta event.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Lmao @ the two above me.

@OP I always wondered this to. Especially how one cube was pretty much the end of the world. Why the collective just didn't send two. I think unfortunately there is no way to explain this as and it will always remain a plot gap. As EVERYONE who has ever used the borg to tell a story has either nerffed the **** outta the borg or made them god like. There is no one standard for the borg, it goes with whatever tells the story the best unfortunately. I mean the idea I have of the borg is that they are can not be beat by the average galaxy species, but then my idea would make for a boring story. lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
Ive never understood this:
Way back when the battle of Wolf 359 happened, that was one cube right? One cube destroyed that whole fleet right at the doorstep to Earth?
There are thousands... THOUSANDS of cubes. Hundreds of thousands of cubes, maybe millions. What the hell is stopping them from opening a transwarp conduit to earth and pouring through a few thousand cubes? Or did they somehow forget where Earth is? Or forget how to build that type of cube?
BIG plot hole Ive never understood
Strategically you dont jump thousands of light years and take over a huge territory with no way to support and reinforce the area once you have control. The one cube that fought at Wolf 359 was the same cube that the enterprise D encountered thanks to Q. When Q returned the enterprise D to its own space the Borg witnessed a power vastly superior to their own. They followed but found nothing but technologicaly inferior humans. Therefore no more cubes were sent (for now).