Lt. Commander
# 1 Rolled a klingon
01-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi, i rolled a klingon because i thought we were going to be underplayed. Give me a pat on the back ppl.

But seriously, i have a few question (i didn't play open beta) It seems to me the best way to lvl for feds, is to do tons of quests, pve content, but for klingons, it's pvp isn't it? So should i just do lots of pvp team games? in that case, how do i get good loot for m ship?

Also, can i later on go to fed space and fly around and engage them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooj View Post
Hi, i rolled a klingon because i thought we were going to be underplayed. Give me a pat on the back ppl.

But seriously, i have a few question (i didn't play open beta) It seems to me the best way to lvl for feds, is to do tons of quests, pve content, but for klingons, it's pvp isn't it? So should i just do lots of pvp team games? in that case, how do i get good loot for m ship?

When you PvP you get "Medals" at the end of the match. Exit the Qo'nos system and go to the left on the map towards the neutral zone. Once there go into the Genalda system and then the station. In this station there are vendors that sell items for Medals.

If you do the Kahless expanse, Azura Nebula or Chos nebula for PvE you will get "Badges" instead of "Medals". The Badge vendors are in Qo'nos near the regular vendors.

No you can't fly around and engage federation in space.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooj View Post

Gear wise, you'll get enough badgers to trade for 1 item every 5 pvp matches or so, or every 6 PVE missions (well 2 but have to run the same thing 3 times to complete it, with a 6 minute wait between each)

PvP, find a fleet, or a group of friends you can run premades with all day long, PUGS on klingon side dont work unless you all know what your doing, and even then can be dicey. Fleet that uses vent is your best bet.

And no to the flying around killing feds bit, some vague promises of something at somepoint might be looked into.

EDIT
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88313

meat_machines thread stickied at the top is a really good place to start.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks fellas, can't find the place in Qo'nos though, i warp to it and there is open space, and a big station thing that i don't know how to dock in. Any idea where i'm meant to go? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Fly towards the planet until you get the option to beam down.