Lt. Commander
I did a search and couldn't find the answer to this, so I am curious if anyone knows if we can custom tailor a bridge officer's traits? If so how and where? Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Traits are determined by the race and so can't be changed (even the optional ones you could choose if you were using the race for your character). If you're actually referring to skills, you can have other potential bridge officers you obtain train one of their skills to one of your existing bridge officers. The new skill will overwrite the old one, and you will lose any points you've spent and the trainer will return to Starfleet in case their skills are needed elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
I was talking about traits and you answered my question.

So the only way a player can manipulate what traits a BOF has is by selective purchase, and forcing a re roll on quest rewards.

The later is done by simply exiting dialog and re selecting the quest reward of a bridge officer. The race/class stays the same, but the traits/skills get a re roll each time you look (at least it did this in open beta).

Just heard some buzz there was a way to alter traits and was wondering if that was in the game or not, thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Are you talking racial traits or archetype skills?
Archetypal skills can be changed through training
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Traits, the 4 selections, that are not skills, that you choose at the beginning of character creation (Bofs have them too).

Skills are easily changed at the Sol Star Base.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
the way I understood it, it was those traits that make brige officers rare. the starting brige officers have no inate traits and the ultra rare ones have trats that could make your miranda kick captian kirks ass with one hand tied behind its back. that sort of thing. when I get in game I'll have to check things out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:32 PM
So what is the difference between the normal, green and blue Boffs?? I have only seen 4 so far (3 green and 1 blue) and they all looked like random skill combos.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Im wondering this myself. Shall I wait until spending BO point till later (lt cmdr or cmdr) to have the bo point to improve a found blue bo, or will the blue bo not really be worth it? Besides, I have special interest in race/gender of my bos.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaellorien
So what is the difference between the normal, green and blue Boffs?? I have only seen 4 so far (3 green and 1 blue) and they all looked like random skill combos.
They can have three things that make them different:

Better racial traits with higher percentages.
More powerful abilities, like Tachyon Beam III.
More poweful or higher tier abilities available at a lower tier than usual.