2) The kingons have invaded uranus which is where the tribble breading facility is, now the server tribles have gone onstrike until starfleet send several cochrane class wessels to uranus to break the kingon blockade.
10. Techs are trying to score with some hot green chicks.
9. Power has been diverted from the server to the forum flame shields.
8. Techs are busy playing World of ********
7. Ferengis rushed the game out before it was ready.
6. Someone hit the server with a phaser set to stun.
5. What are you talking about?: This forum IS Star Trek Online.
4. They don't want to give you too much of a 'Head Start' or the others won't be able to catch up.
3. A bunch of Eve Online players who have been playing since 2003 actually converted their ISK to dollars and have bought STO to shut it down.
2. William Shatner is suing Cryptic because he believes all the player should be forced play as Captain Kirk.
the number one reason why the servers are down:
1. The servers are located in the future and tachyons are interfering with the Internet--future server communication. When we exist in the same time as the future servers, the game will work. (It is estimated to be between September when the game 're-launches' and next March when the game goes dark).