Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Liberated Borg
01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know how Cryptic in their "version" of the Star Trek lore justify all these liberated borg captains and officers?

I just can't see Starfleet making Borg senior officers and captains when they are currently in a conflict with the Borg, a-la First Contact.

Just doesn't fit for me. Lifetime sub should have been something else, perhaps genetically enhanced Starfleet Officers a-la Bashir?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Too late now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Heh, people keep forgetting.

First, this is an MMO

Second this is a Star Trek game.

They'll validate the MMO aspect before the lore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:15 PM
It's a Tarp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
By the end of Voyager there were bunches of liberated borg already, this was within a few years of even encountering the borg for the first time. I imagine after all these years that number would increase.

Perhaps an entire sphere/cube was liberated at one point.

We already know, in lore, that the borg are acting different.

It doesn't take much to shoehorn into lore how a few hundred borg got liberated.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I just made my Borg character the same as my Beta character. That during the down time I was assimilated and then the crew liberated me and I was reinstated.... It can happen!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tallen View Post
Does anyone know how Cryptic in their "version" of the Star Trek lore justify all these liberated borg captains and officers?

I just can't see Starfleet making Borg senior officers and captains when they are currently in a conflict with the Borg, a-la First Contact.
Apparently you forgot about one Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I just made my Borg character the same as my Beta character. That during the down time I was assimilated and then the crew liberated me and I was reinstated.... It can happen!
That's how I'm going to be playing mine, assimilated during and then liberated after the recently repelled Borg Invasion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Sinner
By the end of Voyager there were bunches of liberated borg already, this was within a few years of even encountering the borg for the first time. I imagine after all these years that number would increase.

Perhaps an entire sphere/cube was liberated at one point.

We already know, in lore, that the borg are acting different.

It doesn't take much to shoehorn into lore how a few hundred borg got liberated.
Yes, but liberated borg serving as Captains and Senior Bridge officers during a conflict with the Borg?

That dog don't hunt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tallen View Post
Yes, but liberated borg serving as Captains and Senior Bridge officers during a conflict with the Borg?

That dog don't hunt.
Two fine examples that you're ignoring which gives Cryptic their justification. Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise and Seven of Nine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Apparently you forgot about one Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
No, thats exactly my point as it happens.

They ordered the Enterprise NOT to come to the Wolf 359 fight because of Picard.

Then, they were not really at war with the Borg, the Borg just showed-up.

Now, were being sold the story that the Borg are making a consolidated push on the Alpha Quadrant. So why, when fearing a Borg invasion, do they appoint NEW Borg Captains and Bridge Officers?

Doesn't follow im afraid.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.