Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbot7777 View Post
Wow, do Klingons ever stop crying? Seriously you guys got MES nerfed to useless, now you want tractor beam gone.
Pretty sure he's a federation character, nice try though.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Yeah, but that's not an option for new players who are given the standard Tactical with High Yield, Science with Tachyon Beam, and Engineer with Emergency Shields. Because they are unable to purchase new officers until they earn enough to replace skills or officers.
You get evasive maneuvers fairly early. Tractor Beam has its counters, but you must learn to use your skills strategically..you can't just blow everything when you get into combat; you must anticipate, or prepare for, things such as TBs.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I grabbed polarize hull plating myself, first thing. Makes tractor beams useless and also is a help for those pesky tractoring battleships in the Kahless expanse
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
I grabbed polarize hull plating myself, first thing. Makes tractor beams useless and also is a help for those pesky tractoring battleships in the Kahless expanse
It also provides a pretty major energy weapon resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Yeah, but a new player isn't going to know that. And when they get into PvP, they will be at a disadvantage against those who have been playing awhile, is it not?
Um... isn't that a good thing? That means if you have some experience you are rewarded with an advantage over the inexperienced.

Also, you can get it without spending a single point of honor and without having to replace an existing officer. Yes, there a bit of luck required but I'll leave it to you to figure out how you can do that using a feature of the game.

Quote:
Wow, do Klingons ever stop crying? Seriously you guys got MES nerfed to useless, now you want tractor beam gone.
I'm pretty sure there were (and still are) a lot of Feds complaining about how potent the combination of MES + Battle Cloak was. Maybe the were reacting to the feedback I sent them at how trivial a large portion of PvE missions were with MES. Then again, maybe they saw it was being used by such a large portion of the playerbase compared to other T1 Science BOff skills that they felt it needed adjusting.

As for the tractor beam, it's not OP. It's very situational and pretty easy to get out of, when used properly it can be devestating but most of the time it's something you can pretty much ignore. It's not like we get a lot of 1v1 PvP anyway so if you're locked by a tractor beam you're probably the primary for the entire opposing team so you're going to pop any second now anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
jam targetting sensors ftw, if they cant target you it breaks the tractor beam.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Not at all there are two ways to stop them and hold them off. I think it works fine.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaserburn View Post
Not at all there are two ways to stop them and hold them off. I think it works fine.
4 that I can name off the top of my head.
evasive manuevers and brute force your way out
jam targeting sensors breaks the beam because it cant target anything anymore
attack pattern: omega breaks the beam in its nature
polarize hull breaks the beam in its nature

any other ones?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Torpedoes are overpowered too, we should get rid of them as well.

Oh and don't forget energy weapons, lets get rid of those.

Ships should just ram each other and have both of them instantly explode, that way it's completely fair for everybody.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Actually, I wouldn like Ramming to be in for Klingons earlier. But I can live with positioning myself and hurting others in my ship exploding. I've gotten a few kills that way in KvK furballs.

Quote:
I wouldn't talk about crying, when you're whining about MES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingBlades
Pretty sure he's a federation character, nice try though.
I'm Both.

Honestly, I never liked the Tractor Beam causing damage, it supposed to hold you. Now I could see it damaging you if you tried to go full impulse or use Evasive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
You get evasive maneuvers fairly early. Tractor Beam has its counters, but you must learn to use your skills strategically..you can't just blow everything when you get into combat; you must anticipate, or prepare for, things such as TBs.
Sorry, but I'm an experienced PvP who has been working to balance things. It's just seems more complaining because Cryptic's PVP is Arena fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
You can't PvP until level 6. Everyone has to do the beginning Federation stuff to get to level 6. The first thing Admiral Quinn tells you to do is go talk to the skills trainer who explains training of and learning skills. So, if someone is just clicking the green text buttons in the dialog pop-ups to blow through the missions as fast as possible without reading the info provided, well, it's their own fault for not knowing about swapping skills around.

Oh, and that skills trainer is standing right across from the BOff Powers Trainer/store. Then on Qo'nos, the BOff powers trainer is right next to the first mission giver that tells you to train your captain skills before letting you fight in the ring. So, if folks don't take the time to actually check out various trainers and vendors to see what their options are, again it's their own fault.
Sorry, but I'm not talking Federation, I'm talking from the Klingon side.

First time Klingon players are at a disadvantage, not in gear but not being allowed to select their crew. And they won't know about the ability to go to a BO trainer and what skills would be best used in PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Thorsson
Wow, really? Need any cheese with that whine? Obviously there is a learning curve, someone will always be at a disadvantage. There is always going to be someone better, faster, smarter and more powerful than you, especially with that "woe is me" attitude. I would hope a new player would be at a disadvantage, otherwise it would be a pretty lame game. Not to mention it takes a competent player, I don't know, maybe 30 minutes of actually READING what the NPCs explain to you after creating a Klingon.
If you actually read what they said, they don't tell you how to PvP, genius.